they don't know

• Thread starter pokemonchase22
  • Start date
pokemonchase22

pokemonchase22

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
people that only bought the xbox, ps4 or no console (if they haven't tried) there not understanding how fun the wii u is but they judge it due to it being a "kiddy" console but kiddy can be fun who cares if its ment for kids games like mario, zelda, kirby are fun what do you think?

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
I wouldn't exactly call the Wii U "kiddy", it has a few maturer games on there. Most other console gamers just like to downplay the Wii U because Nintendo is trying new things, something other consoles hardly do. I mean, even if Nintendo's systems look or sound the same, 3DS or Wii U, they're not just some console changes, or higher graphics, they're new sources of change. The Wii U isn't just some higher frame rate game so we can play Call of Duty: Advance Warfare, it actually comes with new ways to play, and the 3DS is changing handheld gaming, looking at new styles. Other people who don't understand are just some bland and selfish people.

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
Well, maybe simply the type of games that come out on the Wii U aren't actually their thing, simply? The games that come out on Wii U and on PS4/XB1 are quite diferent, they don't really have the same target audience for most of them. Sure you can have Little Big Planet on PS4 and Bayonetta on Wii U but still... people usually buy a onsole for the games or to follow their friends (be able to play multiplayer games with them). I don't think the kiddy part has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: codyplays
Kids these days just want to play CoD, BF and Destiny Online to kill their friends all day. I don't really consider them "gamers".
I believe Nintendo-gamers are the true gamers, that know how to appreciate a good story and gameplay. We don't get the same experience with better graphics every year, we get whole new experiences! Nintendo is always trying to innovate.

Reactions: codyplays and GerudoWarrior
nintendo has tried to reach out to a bigger audience latley (assassins creed,bayeneta) but i think they just pass up the wii u because it is acociated with nintendo the guys that make pokemon and mario. i know some just dont like those games and i can understand that. but most of those people havnt even tried them yet which is kind of sad. i have respect for the few that actually did try zelda before they said they didnt like it. most people really get on a bandwagon with the ps4 and xbox1 so they wont get laughed at or made fun of which is understandable but they should atleast try it first. nintendo really isnt "kiddy" persae its just people are scared to try it or simply dont want to. they just know there going to get a new cod every year with some new guns. i feel sorry for people who will never experince the cute lovable intresting and fun of nintendo games.
sorry if that downgraded cod or <censored>-creed they are respected games not trying to make fun of them :)

Part of the problem is the "Wii" brand which IMO, is damaged as far as "hardcore" non-Nintendo gamers go and the lack of advertising made Wii U a really hard sell.

Well you can say that the Wii U is something different Nintendo tries but the reason I really don't know is that why are people downrating the Wii U .It is a amazing console ! It has many awesome exclusives and I love it very much even though I don't have or even touched one . Maybe it takes some time but now I think that people are beginning to respect the Wii U because of the upcoming games and I like that :)

Wouldn't call the wii u kiddy but people just have different tastes. Nowdays killin people on cod is more appealing for the teen and adult audience rather then playing some go kart in mario kart. Wii u is aimed more towards a genral audience of people and young people unlike Xbox and ps4 which have a number of their best games rated m so people often look down on it because of that

I just wish Nintendo had better advertising for the Wii U. It IS true a lot of people these days tend to just flock to typical generic FPS games, but Nintendo's advertising made the problem worse. I still see people who don't even know the wii U is a brand new console. To people who are big on gaming it seems ridiculous but gaming has become more general, just kind of something everyone does. Meaning Nintendo would really have to spell out BRAND NEW NEXT GEN CONSOLE because people don't just do their own research.

Back