Things that should be.

• Thread starter SomeSalmon
  • Start date
SomeSalmon

SomeSalmon

Pretty Princess
Towns Folk
Well here it is, the thread where we can chat about what things Nintendo should do.
I'll start off; I think Nintendo needs to make a new IP every one or two years, even if it's just a stand alone game and it doesn't get anymore games. In between, Nintendo needs to release games using existing IP's such as Mario, Pokemon, Splatoon, Zelda or, Pikmin. Also more Indies, recently things are getting better and easier for Indie devs and I want things to continue to get better.
What do you guys thing Nintendo needs? This can include anything from new console ideas to game ideas to anything to improve the way we all enjoy Nintendo.

Mew IPs are REALLY hard to pull off, and with their current financial status, it would be quite risky for them to do this. Sure they got back on their feet, but they can't assume flop after flop. Doing a new IP is really, really risky. But yes, it would still be nice to have more IPs that could grow if they work out well.

Even if they don't do this soon it would be really nice to see some new IPs, yes they have Splatoon but other then that they don't have very many memorable recent IPs. It is risky but I think Nintendo has been reusing old characters for long enough, this could help Nintendo make more money and give them a fresh view from Microsoft and Sony "fanboys".

Nintendo is working on the new Zelda Wii U that is surely gonna be something epic as far as I know :p New Indies games would add more to Nintendo's eshop ,but I think that what Nintendo needs is like more exciting innovative-ish games like Splatoon :p Or perhaps like a new sort of concept for the main series like Mario , Zelda , Pokemon , etc.

Reactions: SomeSalmon
New IPs every now and then would be quite nice, yes. I'm so very tired of seeing them tack Mario or Pikachu onto everything they bring out. At this point, those two seem like little more than soulless corporate mascots. It's such a shame to see Nintendo, a once colourful and charismatic company, go down this kind of path.

Splatoon was highly popular when that was announced. Even though I've never played the game, seeing a new face among the otherwise soulless mascots is a welcome change, it would be nice to have a new one every now and then. Something to change up these dull aesthetics. Tried and tested, maybe, but they've been tried to the point they're practically done to death.

Hard to pull off? Of course. They use Mario and Pikachu because everyone knows who they are, clueless parents and children alike will be more likely to buy their cheap trash when it's got their face on it. I believe my parents bought Pokken Tournament with my Switch for this exact reason. However, I'm sure there must be some of us sick of that marketing scheme, some of us who actively wish for something new instead of another Pokemon match-3 game.

Back