thinking of buying this game. Anyone have any advice,hints, or just general info?

• Thread starter Jimijoli
  • Start date
J

Jimijoli

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
i loved the first one, city folk was just ok for me. what are your thoughts?

This game literally blew me away. I've been watching videos, reading reviews and attaining as much info as i could over the past 7 months about animal crossing: new leaf. Let me tell you that those words did not excite me until the minute i played. Its amazing, so many new customizations at the palm of your hand. By the end of the first twenty minutes i had rallied up 23,000 bells and was able to pay off the home loan. And plus you dont have to do that boring old job for nook which was a big improvement in my mind. The town is so well put together and it excited me that there is a store for every thing. I've spent alot of time waiting for this day to come and i cant wait for many more days to come.

Animal Crossing New Leaf \^-^/

Pros
  • Relaxing
  • Lot's of clothes customization
  • Lot's of house customization
  • Lots of things to do (fishing, bug catching, etc)
  • Easy to make to money (in this game)
  • All of the emoticons :love:
  • qwerty keyboard... (darn you fl...)
Cons
  • Can't choose where villagers place houses
  • Isabelle doesn't have a house
  • Can get boring if played for too long
  • Slow paced- Stuff takes a good while to unlock
  • Pwps are somewhat limiting >.<
Probably missed some, but yeah ^

Its a really good game and lasted me over 300 hours. It has so much content and things to do that will keep you playing for a very long while. The only thing i dislike about the animal crossing games is what happens when you stop playing. Havent touched my town in months and i feel really guilty lol. Other than that its an amazing game while youre playing it

Animal Crossing : New Leaf is a great game sure to have you playing it for many hours days and even months ! What I liked about this game was that the customization is really large so that your village will never be the same as other people's village . It is so fun to do all the extra stuff and it has very good replay value . I am sure anybody would love this game and you can share your art and stuff like that . But things that you want to do might take awhile to get but this is a game worth getting :)

Everywhere, people will tell you that the game is amazing and stuff, and thats about what they say for each game. However, if you ask me, animal crossing new leaf is not amazing, its beyond that. Its better than any AC game till now

Good choice1 It is an amazing game which will keep you hooked for months! Its a never ending adventure, most games come to an end or that point where theres really nothing else to do!, not really animal crossing tho! Its an un ending adventure, personally I am yet to buy this game since I lack money, this is why I am currently saving up my play coins on this site for it! I cannot wait to get my hands on this piece, and trust me it is a very good game! Good ways to get bells is to sell fruits and to shake the trees everyday! also remember to hit those rocks with your shovel! I hope you very much enjoy this game like I know I will, :p

One of my favorite games! Not a game I recommend rushing through because there's so much to experience!

When you get started put off upgrading your house for a while and save just about every Bell you make. Put money toward things like a fishing rod or shovel to help speed up the money-making process. Don't withdraw any money you've saved. Sell any unwanted furniture through the flea market option at ReTail. Say the asking price is 680 Bells, increase it to 1,680 bells.
Work until the tropical island is open to you; the traveling expense is 1,000 Bells but you'll make that x10 after visiting the island. Set your time to 4 PM and catch beetles and fish with find poking out of the water.
Here's a tip I've learned myself through playing; the difference between a sea bass and a rarer fish like tuna or a blue marlin is the head of the dark shadow. A sea bass's shadow is rounder and shorter than the rarer fish, which is pointed and longer.

Hope this helps you start your game off right!

I also want this game. I know that its good and all but I am afraid that Nintendo might throw another title like this and this might go down the drain and forgotten. I was turning to FL but then I thought of the same thing. Its been 3yrs (I think) that this game has been launched and I want this game but I can't get myself to get it. And also Importing games isn't cheap so I only have one choice. Currently I am thinking of buying an 2nd hand LM:2. Can somebody help me?

I also want this game. I know that its good and all but I am afraid that Nintendo might throw another title like this and this might go down the drain and forgotten. I was turning to FL but then I thought of the same thing. Its been 3yrs (I think) that this game has been launched and I want this game but I can't get myself to get it. And also Importing games isn't cheap so I only have one choice. Currently I am thinking of buying an 2nd hand LM:2. Can somebody help me?
I guess it depends on what you're looking for in the game! Since there's really no known ACNL demo, maybe research the game and how it holds up to Professor Layton. I've never played Prof. Layton but I can give you my insight on Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing isn't exactly an unknown title and it won't be going away/masked by another for a while. The last AC game made for handheld was 2005. If character customization and decorating are your two favorite things in a game then Animal Crossing is for you. Not only does the game come with a wide selection of clothing but an even bigger selection of furniture. Cute/funny and memorable characters and the simple play style have always been classic elements of the game.
However, this game requires managing finances and doing menial tasks to keep villager relations good and your town clean. The game is slow, and jumping around in time is usually a common game strategy, but your town will slowly become overridden with weeds. Upgrading your house can be costly, but there are hundreds of methods to gain Bells which can really suck the fun out of the game if you aren't the type of person who finds grinding fun. It's a very casual game and going too fast will really suck the fun out of it.

Research it extensively and get as many opinions as possible. You're right about the game being expensive, and no one likes dropping that much money on something you don't like. I hope this helps!

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in the game! Since there's really no known ACNL demo, maybe research the game and how it holds up to Professor Layton. I've never played Prof. Layton but I can give you my insight on Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing isn't exactly an unknown title and it won't be going away/masked by another for a while. The last AC game made for handheld was 2005. If character customization and decorating are your two favorite things in a game then Animal Crossing is for you. Not only does the game come with a wide selection of clothing but an even bigger selection of furniture. Cute/funny and memorable characters and the simple play style have always been classic elements of the game.
However, this game requires managing finances and doing menial tasks to keep villager relations good and your town clean. The game is slow, and jumping around in time is usually a common game strategy, but your town will slowly become overridden with weeds. Upgrading your house can be costly, but there are hundreds of methods to gain Bells which can really suck the fun out of the game if you aren't the type of person who finds grinding fun. It's a very casual game and going too fast will really suck the fun out of it.

Research it extensively and get as many opinions as possible. You're right about the game being expensive, and no one likes dropping that much money on something you don't like. I hope this helps!
Thanks! I think its upto me now...

Back