This isn't a real person

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
1602994740119.png

This isn't a real person. This is an AI-generated face.

Wait... what?

Yeah, this is an AI-generated face, using GAN, Nvidia's Hyper-Realistic Face Generator... absolutely free for anybody to use, no limitations, no hardware limitations, because you can just go to the site thispersondoesnotexist.com and generate as many images as you want. This sort of technology has actually been out for a while, and as such, many people have had extreme criticism against it, and I want to hear your opinions on this issue. Is this something that can benefit a lot of people, or something that will really harm society? What are your thoughts?

https://thiscatdoesnotexist.com/ Fun fact, there's a cat version too (among a couple other versions)!

I've used the site for some projects, it's really damn handy if you need a face fast, or maybe you need inspiration for a characer. It's not perfect, if you look for more then a couple seconds on each image you'll start to notice some weird stuff, ears not being quite right, hair that blends into clothes/face/background, eyes that aren't quite right, glasses also seems to be a weird one though it's slowly getting better. The backgrounds also can be hillarious or even downright creepy; I've gotten backgrounds that have looked like some serial killer has come about with a smiling child in the foreground.

TLDR; tech is cool

Reactions: Jisenku
View attachment 21045

This isn't a real person. This is an AI-generated face.

Wait... what?

Yeah, this is an AI-generated face, using GAN, Nvidia's Hyper-Realistic Face Generator... absolutely free for anybody to use, no limitations, no hardware limitations, because you can just go to the site thispersondoesnotexist.com and generate as many images as you want. This sort of technology has actually been out for a while, and as such, many people have had extreme criticism against it, and I want to hear your opinions on this issue. Is this something that can benefit a lot of people, or something that will really harm society? What are your thoughts?
It's cool, as long as people specify it's not a real face. Kinda learned my lesson now, so I'm against it:bag::kermit:.

Anyway, the technology featured is very cool, and very realistic. It's surprising how much technology has improved throughout the years! At this rate, the robot revolution will start sooner than expected. Anyway, so yeah! It's very cool and useful in certain situations. I don't see myself making fake faces soon. It kinda makes me wonder if you can accidentally make a real person's face and show it to them and they'd freak out because they haven't been to that place or something:panda:.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back