Thoughts about 3.3.16 Nintendo Direct?

• Thread starter Killer B
  • Start date
Killer B

Killer B

Killer B, yo
Towns Folk
What are your thoughts on the Nintendo Direct?

Didn't followed it (Since when broadcasting stuff at 11PM was a good idea, Nintendo ?), but honestly, I'm just disgusted to see Nintendo pull out another knife to stab O3DS users. Ok, first, we had Xenoblade Chronicles Smokescreen Edition (or 240p, it's up to you), but now, well, if they didn't do that on purpose. Yes, I'm speaking about the SNES VC.

I mean, it's just one of the silliest moves Ninty could do, and... they did it. I mean, the O3DS can largely support SNES emulation (just take a look at the SNES userland emulators like blargSNES or RetroArch's SNES emulator for example). Sure, the userland-mode SNES emulators can't run perfectly on O3DS due to userland limitations (You can't fully access the hardware), but hey, we're speaking about a company that has professional programmers and access to the console's full hardware and kernel. They could have definitely managed to make the SNES VC work on O3DS, and if memory was the cause, they could have even used the Increased Memory Mode (Smash/MH mode). Seriously, wrong mode right here, Nintendo.

Aside from that, well, I'm hyped for MH Generations, but I definitely hope it'll have G-Rank (If Cross didn't have it, and this one is nothing more than a localized version, then, we'll only get Low-Rank and High-Rank).

I thought it went pretty alright considering the news of monster hunter generations, new kirby, and the dragon quest for 3ds. I had hoped they would include some more info on the more hyped topics like the nx, pokemon go, pokemon sun and moon, zelda wii u, the list goes on, but knowing nintendo they didn't reveal any of that

Nintendo Direct was fine I guess. And D4Rk, what do you expect? None of the DS line has really ever been loved by Nintendo as much as the Wii line. It sucks considering much of the Nintendo sales for syatems come from DS, 3DS, O3DS, 2DS, DSi (if you still like that) so I feel like they should treat it a bit better :p

Back