PS Thoughts about Gran Turismo series?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Boy, this reminds me of good old times when I played PSone...

Anyway, Gran Turismo is a racing video game series exclusively created for PlayStation systems, and it's developed by Polyphony Digital. It become a huge success when the original Gran Turismo was released in PSone. This series is well known for having realistic feel of most of the vehicles available so you can pick any cars from many brands available (like Honda or Ford, for instance). It also spawns two modes called Arcade mode and Simulation mode, which on the latter, is unique in its own way that you can attend the License School, race to the victory to gain some in-game cash and buy the in-game cars you wanted.

Do you have any thoughts about Gran Turismo series in general? Which of these Gran Turismo games you have played? Do you enjoy the racing in Arcade mode, or do you find the Simulation mode thrilling? Discuss away!

I enjoyed the first 2 on the PS1 but lost interest after Forza was released on the Original Xbox. 3 and 4 were not my cup of tea. I felt the sense of speed was off and progressing through the game became a hassle. I haven't played any of the newer ones though.

Back