Ultimate Thoughts about the DLC pass in Smash Ultimate

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The game just launched and as soon as I started playing, it prompted me to a DLC pass screen where I could go and purchase it to get all five DLC characters as soon as they launched.

What do you think about this? :eyes:

Feel like it's a way to milk money out of customers early for characters that aren't even available yet or something you actually wanted and would consider getting before they are available?

I was not gonna get it because I wasn't looking forward to the possible line up of character which I was assuming would be Nintendo characters from some oldies I didn't play. Now I'm convinced I won't disappointed so I'll probably be buying it. Unless Neku Sakuraba comes out for smash, joker will be my main

Thats the 1 thing i hate the most in companies or certain games they release u should never just start prompting ppl bout dlcs n purchasing content if there interested they'll go into the store themselfs

But rn for me im not geting it due to this bein my first ever smash bros experience so lol

I'm totally going to get the dlc pass. I think it's worth it. Nintendo has already shown some promise with the current dlc announced. We know they can make random characters into fighters worthy of smash and also give fans what they want (in the form of Joker from Persona 5) Plus, we've seen how good the dlc was in the past game.

they announced the joker from persona 5
i will get the season pass when the release will be close

I’m absolutely going to get it, no matter what the characters are. With a game this big, of course I’m going to want to compete my roster! :D

I sure do hope that the release just one more Sonic character as a DLC character, that would absolutely make my day. Or even Chibi Robo would be awesome as well! :p

But, looking at the way they’re going right now, it’ll probably be something really weird like Pirahnna Plant, lol

My thoughts on the dlc were what I was expecting. Its basically a season pass but just you have to buy them multiple times. So far the three characters that have been announced for dlc have really decided me to get the dlc pass. Considering that I love Persona 5 to death I'm really glad that joker is coming into the game.

I’m absolutely going to get it, no matter what the characters are. With a game this big, of course I’m going to want to compete my roster! :D

I sure do hope that the release just one more Sonic character as a DLC character, that would absolutely make my day. Or even Chibi Robo would be awesome as well! :p

But, looking at the way they’re going right now, it’ll probably be something really weird like Pirahnna Plant, lol
I'm guessing there will be a Pokemon character in the dlc. Maybe Zeraora or even Melmetal! There possibly could be another Zelda character too. Maybe another Link! Deku Link possibly? That would be interesting. We'll just have to wait :D

Reactions: Samster
The game just launched and as soon as I started playing, it prompted me to a DLC pass screen where I could go and purchase it to get all five DLC characters as soon as they launched.

What do you think about this? :eyes:

Feel like it's a way to milk money out of customers early for characters that aren't even available yet or something you actually wanted and would consider getting before they are available?
Honestly I'm not surprised. They have been doing this Season pass thing for a lot of games and it seems to be very effective...

I'm really hoping that at least 1 of these characters isn't 3rd party, though. Since Nintendo chose the characters, i can see them trying to shill characters from other platforms to bring in new players.

That being said, I'm really hoping for either Elma or Rex as DLC. I can really see Banjo & Kazooie finally making it in as well.

If I have money for it or wanted to learn a matchup involving a new character sure I'd get it but since I'm not going to tournaments or making money off of it and I have other priorities like getting an adapter then it's mostly a cash grab. Especially if Piranha Plant is in the pass and there's no discount for already having that certain character because MyNintendo was nice to us.

If I have money for it or wanted to learn a matchup involving a new character sure I'd get it but since I'm not going to tournaments or making money off of it and I have other priorities like getting an adapter then it's mostly a cash grab. Especially if Piranha Plant is in the pass and there's no discount for already having that certain character because MyNintendo was nice to us.
piranha plant isnt in the pass, also he is free for people who got the game before he is launched

I do think that promoting DLCs straight away when booting the game for the first time may rub someone the wrong way. If they promote the DLC when it's really out (as in months later), I think it might gauge some interest for it. If it comes to purchasing the DLC pass though, I might consider getting it if I can, because I want the DLC fighters to be available when they're ready. And the first DLC reveal of Joker was intriguing, too.

Last edited:
It's a bit crippled that nintendo are already trying to get extra money for 5 characters when only 1 has been announced from the pack.(Joker is not going to be my main). I really hope that another fire emblem character gets into smash bros because seven is my unlucky number(I hate you chrom(Not really)) A pokemon should really get into the dlc roster because charizard has now gone to the pokemon trainer and when playing pokemon trainer I always switch pokemon straight to charizard because he is the best of the three pokemon that pokemon trainer can use

Back