AC:NH Thoughts on Animal Crossing: New Horizons graphics/gameplay

• Thread starter Talkative_Tween
  • Start date
Talkative_Tween

Talkative_Tween

Aspiring Kawaii Boyo
Towns Folk
Personally, I'd be impressed if they ever made Animal Crossing a semi-open world game. :) Open world Animal Crossing would be so cool. :D

Reactions: Yumi Chi
Animal Crossing is technically open-world as is, just a very small world.

I'm quite impressed with the jump in graphics from New Leaf, even if I kind of expected it on a new generation console. The details on the bugs and fish are incredible compared to previous games.

Gameplay wise, we haven't seen too much but it looks like it's making customization and town creativity a lot more accessible compared to previous titles, so we should see a lot of variation in towns between players which is really cool.

Reactions: Jisenku
Yeah. As alex stated, animal crossing is sorta open world. It's a good thing that the world is small. My friend told me that a bigger map would be nice but honestly, it's going to get annoying to decorate the whole town if it was super big. The graphics are amazing. HD everything looks so nice and the gameplay seems good. It's most likely going to be better than new leaf because af all the extra features and new leaf was one of my favorite games of all time. so gameplay wise, im not too worried.

I honestly thought the graphics seemed off at first, but after watching the last direct I realized just how breath-taking they actually are. The trees moving in the breeze is such a nice touch.

Honestly, my only concern with the game is with the state of saves. I’ve seen some people say “we got through all these years without cloud saves, what does it matter now?” Sure, we got through all these years without cloud saves, but we had other methods of making sure our towns didn’t disappear into the abyss. We had memory cards on GameCube, saves tied to the actual games with New Leaf. That’s all I want to see with this. Just let us save our towns to our SD cards? How is that so difficult?

They do appear to be working on something, so hopefully it isn’t rocket science to try to actually retrieve a town if something goes wrong with your Switch. It also doesn’t take away from my excitement for the game, but it would sure make me feel a lot more comfortable with the situation. As it stands, I’m concerned I would put hundreds of hours into my town and something goes wrong and poof.

Simply amazing o.o
I normally don’t care much on graphics long as gameplay is good but dang this new AC game is freaking gorgeous!
so much detail & love went into this game it’s unreal!

Back