Thoughts on Competitive Battling

• Thread starter Hikki
  • Start date
Hikki

Hikki

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Competitive battling is pretty fun and sometimes very unpredictable. But first you have to EV training it, breed for egg moves and IV's and overall is a LOT of work. But in the end you get a lot of fun and might even enter a torunment! Although that would never happen to me nor could I partipate in one. I am still in the training process and can't get a win in the rated battles in battle spot. I can win in free battle though and beat legends with regular pokemon :)

Competitive battling is really fun and rewarding imo. It's all about mind reading and being able to make your own team. Sure there's Pokemon preferred over what you like but there's enough choice to go around. With Items, EVs, Natures, moves, and abilities to set Pokemon apart there is a lot of freedom in your decisions. Luck just makes battles even more intense with certain abilities and move accuracies and extra effects so there's a lot to appreciate that isn't in story mode.

I love battling but the one thing I absolutely hate is the fact that so few Pokemon are useful in OU. I hate being forced to use certain Pokemon and not getting to use the ones I like.

Reactions: PsycheTrance
Competitive battling can be pretty fun/frustrating (Depending on how badly you're getting haxed) and can offer a entirely different experience for players wanting more challenge from Pokemon and while if you're playing WiFi, building a team and getting a hold of necessary Pokemon could be a troublesome but a simulator like Pokemon Showdown is always an option and can be recommended over WiFi if you're looking for high level Singles players or just want to goof off with some Gen 1 Random Battles (Which is stupidly fun btw).

Back