Thoughts on delay of new switch console

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
The CEO of nintendo recently announced that nintendo wouldn't be releasing any new console this year in 2020. they plan on exapnding with the switch lite and it's features. this may or may not be a good thing. on the negative side, with the release of the ps5 and xbox x nintendo wont have anything "new" to offer. this is gonna be beneficial for sony and microsoft as they have less competition but it leads to nintendo lagiing behind in the console wars. but on the plus side, when nintendo FINALLY releases the new switch console , there wont be any competition. this could mean more sales since sony and microsoft are probably not going to release a new console for a while after 2020. In my opinion i think that nintendo is going in the right direction as the switch lite hasnt recieved the recognition it should. what are your opinions?

Reactions: Yumi Chi
I don't think that Nintendo is aiming to compete with Sony or Microsoft with their consoles, most of their games are exclusive to the Switch so they're only appealing to a certain audience and considering that the Switch was only released in 2017, we won't see a next gen Nintendo console for another few years yet.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze, 28142 and Deepak
I don't think that Nintendo is aiming to compete with Sony or Microsoft with their consoles, most of their games are exclusive to the Switch so they're only appealing to a certain audience and considering that the Switch was only released in 2017, we won't see a next gen Nintendo console for another few years yet.
I agree with @Alex, Nintendo is in a league of their own with the Nintendo Switch. Unless Sony or Microsoft decide to make a hybrid console, the Nintendo Switch will really keep its charm, because of just how different it is. Besides, Nintendo also has exclusive first-party games/third-party games that will draw people to the Switch. Nintendo doesn't have to release a new console, considering how new the Switch is, released on March 3rd, 2017 compared to the PS4 launch on November 15, 2013 & the Xbox One being launched on November 22, 2013. Sony & Microsoft need a new console to stay current, but the Switch is so new, it really doesn't need it, and with the launch of the Switch Lite on September 20, 2019... Nintendo is staying quite current. They don't need a new thing because they are always spewing new things out.

TD;LR: The Nintendo Switch is too new to make a new console out of it in 2020, and the Lite just makes it newer.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze, 28142 and Deepak
Good riddance we don’t need it, don’t want it keep it away! It will only bring doom to the people’s with old switch’s !
thankfully New 3DS didn’t go so well not many games became exclusive & hopefully Switch doesn’t pull something like that it be annoying.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back