Thoughts on disappointing e3?

• Thread starter PalmtreeMadness
  • Start date
PalmtreeMadness

PalmtreeMadness

1 V1, FOX, FINAL DETINATION, NO ITEMS
Towns Folk
I think that nintendo's e3 was a bit disappointing. I know there were good games but mostly spin-offs.

Tobe honest this years Nintendo E3 wasn't much that bad asides from the Metroid Prime: Federation Force ( please no negativity right now >.> ). The other games were pretty good and fantastic . I much really liked the Triforce Heroes since 4 Swords was one of my favorite games . The new Star Fox game also looks really cool too.

I guess that it was that a lot was more expected from the E3 by people that made it pretty disappointing-ish . But personally, I think it's great >.<)/

Reactions: 3905
I didn't really think E3 was disappointing. I usually just set no expectations and let the company just throw what it has at me. A lot of the games they introduced/showed had really caught my eye, some being Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Tri force heroes, Metroid Prime, Super Mystery Dungeon, and Wooly World. A lot of fans usually go crazy with their expectations about what would happen at E3, so it's normal that they would find it quite disappointing.

Compared to last year, it was so disappointing - mainly because of the lack of Zelda (understandable, they even said so), Retro Studios, a Wii U Metroid title and anything that wasn't a spinoff. Oh, and they spent WAY too much time on already announced titles like Super Mario Maker. But hey, some of the titles they announced seem good but it felt like Nintendo needed one or two more killer titles for Wii U, while 3DS got a lot of fantastic games.

The new Metroid Prime spin-off looks good but I think that a lot of the fan backlack could've been avoided with a small clip of Samus in-game.

Tobe honest this years Nintendo E3 wasn't much that bad asides from the Metroid Prime: Federation Force ( please no negativity right now >.> ). The other games were pretty good and fantastic . I much really liked the Triforce Heroes since 4 Swords was one of my favorite games . The new Star Fox game also looks really cool too.

I guess that it was that a lot was more expected from the E3 by people that made it pretty disappointing-ish . But personally, I think it's great >.<)/

"Dis isn't wat we expected! Nintendo, u never listen to ur base :'( " < felt obligatory (PS: It's a joke, felt like it).
But honestly, yes, it was pale compared to Sony's. They decided to play the card of the spin-off too much, surely to (probably) announce new stuff later. As for Triforce Heroes, I think I'll wait feedback since I never played Four Swords (did the game even got in France ?). And according to what I read, I agree with @Jacky \:D/, the next Star Fox game looks fun.

And as I said, the biggest cold shower was Xenoblade's release date. If it's a key game for the Wii U, why not delegate one of the NoA/NoE studios to help Monolith Soft with translation ? Because seriously, 8 months after Japanese release, not to mention the lack of games (aside from Splatoon) this summer...

I think that's why this E3 seemed disappointing. Not only because (with the Amazon.it rumour) of the delay with XenoX's release date, but also because of the massive usage of spin-offs with very few info on other key games (Devil's Third, etc...).

Reactions: 2071
I was hoping for a little more, but E3 as a whole was quite enjoyable. The Nintendo World Championships were fun to watch, Mother 1 (Earthbound Beginnings) getting a western release was great, and most of the games look fun. I think people were expecting another showstopper like last year, but that's hard to do. Last year, so many new great games were announced. That's hard to follow up upon. I found this years E3 fun and entertaining to watch. I'll be picking up Yokai Watch and Zelda for sure, am taking a look at Metroid, and am waiting to see about the new Paper Mario and Superstar crossover. All of those intrigued me.

But... but... I really loved the Muppets. :( :p
I guess they didn't really have to showcase newer game releases since they conduct Nintendo direct very often. "More amiibos! But no reprints!" Amiibos are one thing, but they gotta do harder than that. But yeah, I was really entertained with their Muppets!

Oh boy the things I raged abut during the presentation, where do I even begin? Well let's start with animal crossing. That was my first warning sign. I thought we were seeing gameplay of a wii u animal crossing game, and instead we get....some weird mario party knockoff that I don't think anyone wants. Same could be said about happy home designer, does anyone else get reminded of those imagine games for the ds? Anyways, besides that, Im mad about SMT x FE. Shin Megami Tensei is a very dark game series, and since Fire Emblem has its share of dark moments, you'd think it would fit well, right? WRONG! They made it less SMT and more Persona, and the only connection it had to FE was that the summons ads susposed to be FE characters, but they look like weird takes on the original characters. These three games reallllly ruined it for me >.<

Seriously, I didn't really mind. Nintendo always do Nintendo Directs so they announce stuff all year long. E3 wasn't their focus this year and it's ok, we got announcements like the week before E3? And I'm sure we will have more soon enough!

The most disappointing thing from E3 was Reggae vs. Hungrybox. His body was not ready. And having a kid be an announcer for Splatoon wasn't my favorite thing either. >.> What wasn't disappointing was the Nintendo World Championships and the lineup of newer games as well as the Muppets. I was disappointed because there was a terrible Mario crossover (yet pretty playable and might get good reviews) and there was no information on the Pokemon Detective game.
But... but... I really loved the Muppets. :( :p
I guess they didn't really have to showcase newer game releases since they conduct Nintendo direct very often. "More amiibos! But no reprints!" Amiibos are one thing, but they gotta do harder than that. But yeah, I was really entertained with their Muppets!
I agree on that but the thing is if people knew there were reprints now they would wait to get them and not buy them instantly. I don't know if they said specifically there will be no reprints but I think by next year when sales are down they should seriously consider it as there'll be more games with Amiibo functionally and people would get an Amiibo just because it works with their game.

I think that nintendo's e3 was a bit disappointing. I know there were good games but mostly spin-offs.
There was no new installment for the F Zero series. Mother 3 wasn't even released for the virtual console. Fans desperately want those to happen. We haven't seen Captain Falcon outside of Smash for a while to say the least.

To be fair, fans were asking for the first one to be localized too. They just weren't as vocal for the first one

Now that I think about it, I don't think that their E3 was so much disappointing as it was lacking. There were plenty of amusing things to keep viewers watching, such as the muppets that they made of the Nintendo executives. There were some titles announced that honestly caught my eye (and therefore my interest). But there were also your generic Nintendo things that really didn't please the crowd. I'm also disappointed that we didn't hear more about their nextgen console, but they did say that will come eventually.

What annoyed me was the fans. i didn't understand why people were raging. We finally got a new Star Fox, some new 3rd party, a <censored> ton of 3ds games and more. Also, they got MP3 in 2010. There was no star fox or f zero for wii, but there was a metroid for wii. Al least we got some sort of metroid game. It's also a spin off.

Back