Thoughts on future mario party dlc?

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Super mario party looks amazing, but ive seen a few complaints that people have had. And i want Nintendo to fix them. The fix? Creating either a constant flow of updates like splatoon 2 or a purchasable dlc season pass.
Some things people have requested include:
More boards, as the game only has four in each board mode, and in each mode the boards are the same astetic.
More options, such as adjustable prices in the stores and for the stars, switching what character dice go to which character, or which allies are available to get, adjustable bonus stars, really just giving you freedom to play the way you like.
Making more minigames crossover to other modes, as with small adjustments some of the coop minigames would work as normal minigames, and the rhythm minigames would be a blast in a normal mario party, but is only in the sound stage mode.
They should also do something to improve online. First, they should add more minigames to the mariothon mode. Thier are so many good canidates to be added to the mariothon mode, and it doesn’t take too much work to add more games in. Right now, mariothon has ten playable games, and they have so many to pick from ten is disappointing.
Second, they need more online modes.
They have been bragging about thier new voice chat app, and having a online mario party is the perfect way to do it. They have no reason not to.. even if it was only with friends, it would still be foolish for them to not add this.
One last idea i have is a semi-monthly minigame highscore challenge, where they adjust a minigame to last forever and people can compete for a high score online.
Do you guys want dlc? If so, what?

Dlc would be cool and is cool in any game. I think many people will want to pay money for new characters and boards.

Dlc would be cool and is cool in any game. I think many people will want to pay money for new characters and boards.
What characters would they add? They allready have so many characters, and the only other characters i can think of not in the game are baddies and they seem to want a balance of baddies and goodies. Besides, they allready have the biggest roster of any mario party. Balancing the dice blocks is the biggest reason new characters are unlikely in my mind

What characters would they add? They allready have so many characters, and the only other characters i can think of not in the game are baddies and they seem to want a balance of baddies and goodies. Besides, they allready have the biggest roster of any mario party. Balancing the dice blocks is the biggest reason new characters are unlikely in my mind
Maybe add some characters such as Splatoon characters or something.

Maybe add some characters such as Splatoon characters or something.
Its not nintendo party.. but i guess they could if they wanted to.

Its not nintendo party.. but i guess they could if they wanted to.
Mario Kart 8 has Link, Inklings, and Isabelle and Villager right?

Mario Kart 8 has Link, Inklings, and Isabelle and Villager right?
Thats why they could if they wanted to.
It would be a first for mario party though, just like mario kart 8 was

Last edited:
Thats why they could if they wanted to.
It would be a first for mario party though, just like mario kart 8 was
Exactly! I can easily imagine an Inkling playing. Lots of people would buy it too I'd imagine.

It would obviously need the go-to content unlocked via Amiibo since more new ones are being made for Smash. We could have a Fortune Street map for Hero or a dungeon from Persona 5 for Joker. If neither of those were allowed then we still got Plant so yeah it's not dead out of the water. Bar minimum would be unlockables for the game itself. For some reason the nature of Mario Party just doesn't feel like it would have DLC at all.

Back