Thought's on Game Freak's new IP, Town (working title)?

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
In the most recent Nintendo direct, Game Freak announced a new IP, Town.

I find it interesting that Game Freak even made a new IP, considering how long it's been since the last one.
It's also a surprise that it would come out at the same times as the new pokemon games, as they have been working on 3 games at once then.

Anyways though, I'm excited to see this from Game Freak, as town actually looks like a pretty cool game. I could see it selling well and getting decent reviews, and if I hear about it enough I might pick it up myself.
What do you guys think?

Reactions: Marc
It looks awsome. If it’s anything like a animal crossing RPG hybrid ill be hyped to play it. The combat is simple, but if its based on your preparation in the town or your relationships with the other townsfolk that will be cool. Maybe im reading into it too much, and it literally is just a normal rpg set in a town, but I think im onto something.

I’m really excited for it! I love what game freak had done and this game looks right up my alley. I’m glad it’s on switch because I don’t have a ps4

If done right, it will be a cozy little jRPG, like Fantasy Life, and that's a thing I love!
Even if the setting it's limited to a single town, if they keep exploration interesting, it can be better than the over 9000 random and anonymous towns you find in your average RPG.

Reactions: Duffy
The game looks pretty cool actually. I'm most excited to know what it's final name will be.

I’m glad it’s on switch because I don’t have a ps4
What made you think Game Freak would release a game on a PlayStation console?

I think that this game looks awesome, we all know that if the designers of Pokémon are working on the game, it’s surely not gonna be a terrible game, yknow?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tembo_the_Badass_Elephant

A previous game freak game was released on ps4. (and maybe xbox 1 too, but who even owns that console?)
Also, wait, what? That’s a game? XD

I have some couriosity for this game, but i cannot say much because we have seen so litte of it

Also, wait, what? That’s a game? XD
Yea I've always wanted to try it, especially with a name like that but I never have yet.

Back