Thoughts on Level 5's Guild series

• Thread starter TAG
  • Start date
TAG

TAG

Indie supporter
Towns Folk
So I took advantage of the recent sale, and downloaded The Starship Damrey for just $2.99. At that price it's worth it, and I enjoyed the game despite it's short length. I'm looking for some opinions on the other Guild series games - story, length, challenge, replayability, etc. Who could share with me some of their experiences with any or all of these games ... ?

Liberation Maiden
Aero Porter
Crimson Shroud
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Bugs vs Tanks

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to chatting ...

I own all of them. My favorite is Attack of the Friday Monsters, but it's not a challenging game by any means. It just has an interesting story and some cool collectibles. I haven't had a chance to replay it but I believe I have around 9 hours logged.

If I were to tell you to stay away from one, it'd be Bugs VS Tanks. It's legitimately one of the worst eShop games I own, and I own a lot. The controls are sloppy, the graphics are ugly and it just isn't a fun game imo.

Reactions: TAG
Thanks for the heads up on Bug vs Tanks. From what I've read/seen it looked like it had some interesting ideas, but most seem to echo your feelings - I'll avoid it.

I actually just downloaded Attack of the Friday Monsters, but haven't played it yet. Sounds like I made a good choice though. I don't mind lack of challenge necessarily (Starship Damrey wasn't especially challenging) if the story is good, and that sounds like the case here. I'm looking forward to it!

Attack of the Friday Monsters has awesome story (better in a way than Starship Damrey does). Liberation Maiden is a 3D-shooter game (which is visually awesome), and Crimson Shroud is a top-table RPG made by Yasumi Matsuno (Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics).

Without too many spoilers, what is the plot of Crimson Shroud? Is it a game within a game thing, breaking the 4th wall? From the trailer, it appears that way. Is the story pretty light?

Without too many spoilers, what is the plot of Crimson Shroud? Is it a game within a game thing, breaking the 4th wall? From the trailer, it appears that way. Is the story pretty light?
Not really; it's a bunch of gang searching for a legendary item called Crimson Shroud. It's a short story - a good one, not really complicated - with challenging gameplay. Also with New Game+ feature.

So I just beat Attack of the Friday Monsters - awesome! One of the sweetest stories I've seen in a long time. I'm gonna try to wrap up my unfinished business now that the credits have rolled - Saturday is a top notch inclusion.

The Guild series games have given a great impression so far!

Congrats! Yes, that's why I gave it 4.5/5 in my review here! Just complete all episode to access the locked content - it's beautiful! I also completed the deck, yeah, a powerful one!

So I just beat Attack of the Friday Monsters - awesome! One of the sweetest stories I've seen in a long time. I'm gonna try to wrap up my unfinished business now that the credits have rolled - Saturday is a top notch inclusion.

The Guild series games have given a great impression so far!

Glad you enjoyed it! If you still plan on buying another game, I'd recommend Liberation Maiden. :)

Congrats! Yes, that's why I gave it 4.5/5 in my review here! Just complete all episode to access the locked content - it's beautiful! I also completed the deck, yeah, a powerful one!

Yeah, I enjoyed your review. :)

Glad you enjoyed it! If you still plan on buying another game, I'd recommend Liberation Maiden. :)

Okay, so what can you tell me about Liberation Maiden? Specifically, I'm curious about the enemies - from vids I've seen they look a bit dull. I'm not sure if it's just the distance or what, but the seem to lack creative punch.

The game still looks fun though, and will probably be the next one I purchase.

Reactions: dwikrid
Sale is still going for a couple more days, so I wanted to bump this to chat more. I apologize for not editing my above post, but I couldn't find the means to do so ...

In any event, what are some opinions on Liberation Maidens enemies?

Back