Ultimate Thoughts on Minecraft Representation in Smash Ultimate?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
There's no doubt that Smash Ultimate has been pulling out all the stops this time around. While Sakurai loves to add in some obscure or odd additions, Smash Ultimate seems to be siding more with the popular additions. From Ridley, to King K Rool, to Simon Belmont, to even the assist trophies like Bomber Man or Zero. Smash Ultimate has been playing it much safer than previous games.

That being said, 1 rumor has been circulating for a while. Many of the more accurate Smash Leakers have been leaking that Smash Ultimate would be getting Minecraft representation in some form. While that seems weird, it's not too crazy. Minecraft is, and has been, an insanely popular game that many have spent years playing. Its one of the most recognizable names in gaming, so having it in Smash isn't too out of left field. Especially if Smash is just now starting to add Indie characters like Shovel Knight.

The only thing is, no one knows how it will be implemented. Some leakers say we'll be getting a Minecraft stage, some think Steve will be added as a playable character, others think we will just be getting a Minecraft assist trophy. While I personally believe in the latter, anythings possible in Smash Ultimate. So what are your thoughts? Do you believe we'll get some Minecraft representation in Smash Ultimate? And in what form will we be seeing said representation?

Reactions: Arshan
I think that it is definitely possible for Minecraft to be represented. As you said, it is an insanely popular game. Its not too far-fetched for Minecraft to be inside Smash Bros. in some way. As for the form of representation, I'm thinking of an assist trophy or stage being more likely. If Steve was a fighter, however, I'm also thinking that Alex is going to be an echo fighter of some sort.

If they don't add Herobrine to Smash Ultimate I will grief Nintendo of all their diamonds.

Reactions: EnderLord
i think it would be possible, at most one stage, but not a playable character

Reactions: Agentperson
Minecraft representation in Smash Ultimate is definitely a possibility. I more leaning towards this: Steve will be a playable character and Creeper will be an assist trophy. Thats what I think. I also think a Minecraft stage is possible but probably more unlikely than an character or an assist trophy.

It's very much possible and not that hard to do tbh. Have you seen Brawl's stage builder? That could very well be modded to have Minecraft blocks instead and if there isn't a stage builder there is plenty of potential when it comes to tournament legal stages so I wouldn't mind for that reason alone plus it would bring more Smash Bros. fans.

It's very much possible and not that hard to do tbh. Have you seen Brawl's stage builder? That could very well be modded to have Minecraft blocks instead and if there isn't a stage builder there is plenty of potential when it comes to tournament legal stages so I wouldn't mind for that reason alone plus it would bring more Smash Bros. fans.
in a game that is a crossover of a lot of games it would be...weird to the stage builder being a minecraft thing, in other smash games we have generic backgrounds in the stage builder so it can fit with most characters in the games

i wouldnt mind if in the game stage builder you could choose the background of all stages+ some mores and maybe put there one minecraft background with blocks

It would be pretty hard to do but I wouldnt mind seeing a Minecraft character.

They could add something to do with Minecraft, but if they did, Smash Bros would become even more of a meme then it is with King K Rool and without Waluigi. If they do that, we’ll probably see people begging for some other things too.
“Fortnite Noob joins the fight!”
“ROBLOX Random Oofs his way into the battle!”

My point is if they add anything to do with Minecraft, people will keep begging for more, no matter what. They gotta stop somewhere on the meme scale, yknow? I think King K Rool is enough, lol

Back