Votes: 11 91.7%
  • nay

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
zekiebouy

zekiebouy

Ex(zach)ly
Towns Folk
I've seen a lot on it and it looks like it has potential actually, I want to know what you guys think, shovel knight: yay or nay?

Also if you have thoughts on the game go right ahead and comment, should I consider buying it? Or just forget about it entirely? I love hearing from you guys so don't be shy! :D

I'm most likely not going to buy it, but you should! I like that it has an 8-bit feeling to it. Oddly enough, the main character kind of reminds me of some of the Castle Crashers characters, especially when they're buff.

Screen_shot_2011-02-25_at_19.28.31.png
images
Screen_shot_2011-02-25_at_19.01.01.png

I haven't played the 3DS version of the game, but I do have the PC version. In my opinion, it's a pretty solid platformer and has some unique elements (using the shovel to dig for example) which make it an interesting, unique experience. I'm not too far into the game since I just got it, so these are my impressions more than anything.

Thanks for your thoughts! It does look interesting but I'm not sure if its my type of game, I will continue to look into it of course, but I think I'll save my money for games that I know for sure that I'll like (specifically ssb 3D....) How much does the game cost anyways? I will look into it, and find out if I would enjoy it or not

Its 15 dollars and if you like old plat formers like mega man and ducktales then you'll like this game

Its 15 dollars and if you like old plat formers like mega man and ducktales then you'll like this game
Sounds like I would like it then! Maybe if I get enough PC on this site and get my free eshop card I'll buy it.... Seems like it would be a fantastic game! Do you own it or have played it? Thanks for the info on it any who!

I do own it and finished it. the only thing I really didn't like was it was somewhat of a short game for $15 but their are collectables.

I do own it and finished it. the only thing I really didn't like was it was somewhat of a short game for $15 but their are collectables.
Ah ok I gotcha, it seems like an interesting game I'll be sure to check it out! Do you know when it came out? (For 3DS that is) you've provided a ton of helpful info :) very much appreciated! And, on a side note, you can challenge me at MK7 if you ownnthe game and am willing to provide the PC if you lose, or be ready to get PC if I win ;)

it came out on june 26th and I don't own MK7

it came out on june 26th and I don't own MK7
Ok thanks! So it is a newer game

It's excellent. It's worth the price. Judging from all you've said in this thread, you should buy it. It has a great sense of humour and is fun to play.

I doubt it'll be on sale anytime soon anyway, because as far as I know it's been at the top of the eShop charts ever since it came out.

It's excellent. It's worth the price. Judging from all you've said in this thread, you should buy it. It has a great sense of humour and is fun to play.

I doubt it'll be on sale anytime soon anyway, because as far as I know it's been at the top of the eShop charts ever since it came out.
From everything that everyone has said in this thread, i'm convinced that this is a fun (and yes humourise it seems) game! I will continue to look into it and compare it to the games I like :3 And as for it probably not going on sale; that really sucks :/ yea, I heard its been at the top of the eshops charts since its debut! You don't even think they'll have a little sale on it during holiday season? (which really isn't that far away! :D) but it seems fair priced either way! Personally, I think I will end up buying it actually, it seems like an amazing game and I would love to find out for myself! Maybe it will become my new favourite 3DS title ;3

It looks great and it has a lot of old school appeal. It certainly looks like a unique game and it certainly has a theme not seen often in platformers I think. I like how you can buy upgrades as well as find them and it certainly has every type of gamer in mind (like in SDCC they said they were thinking of Speedrunners and how they would like the game).

It's amazing, a gem for the 3DS, with an interesting concept involved. It's a great 8-bit plat-former, and is defiantly worth the 15 dollars you pay for it. I absolutely loved it, they combined two of my favorite games, and made them even better. I recommend it if you're looking for a fun plat-former with an interesting concept, and humor mixed it. It's pretty underpriced as well for the quality.

It's amazing, a gem for the 3DS, with an interesting concept involved. It's a great 8-bit plat-former, and is defiantly worth the 15 dollars you pay for it. I absolutely loved it, they combined two of my favorite games, and made them even better. I recommend it if you're looking for a fun plat-former with an interesting concept, and humor mixed it. It's pretty underpriced as well for the quality.
Thats one of they key quality of a video game... price. And shovel knight looks to be an amazing game for as little as $15! Once I receive enough PC to get my free $20 eshop code i'm definitely going to deeply consider buying it! (even though I also wanted links awakening for the 3DS for $5.99, so obviously, I can't get both, so I suppose I should go for a game that I haven't played yet...) Thanks for everyones wonderful information i've received from this thread! ;3 I'll inform you all if I do end up buying it! And tell you what I think of it... So yea, if anyone else wants to put there 2 cents in go right ahead :p I'm not planning on closing this thread anyways! Well, enough said, Thanks!

Shovel Knight has sold over 140k, more than 100k were bought from Nintendo 3DS eShop. It shares MegaMan elements which I surely like - it has Manami Matsumae (MegaMan, MegaMan 10, Mighty no.9) as one of the composers... See?

Anyway you should check out @Spinnerweb 's review of this game on the site, too ;)

Reactions: 18 and Marc
Thats one of they key quality of a video game... price. And shovel knight looks to be an amazing game for as little as $15! Once I receive enough PC to get my free $20 eshop code i'm definitely going to deeply consider buying it! (even though I also wanted links awakening for the 3DS for $5.99, so obviously, I can't get both, so I suppose I should go for a game that I haven't played yet...) Thanks for everyones wonderful information i've received from this thread! ;3 I'll inform you all if I do end up buying it! And tell you what I think of it... So yea, if anyone else wants to put there 2 cents in go right ahead :p I'm not planning on closing this thread anyways! Well, enough said, Thanks!
Yeah, it's very cheap. It is, it combines two amazing games and makes them cheaper, yeah, that'd be cool. (Yeah, try something new, I'm sure you could find a rom of that game online anyways).

Yeah, it's very cheap. It is, it combines two amazing games and makes them cheaper, yeah, that'd be cool. (Yeah, try something new, I'm sure you could find a rom of that game online anyways).
That exactly what I did actually :p grabbed a rom from cool Roms.com and am playing it on my tablet... ( I'll admit it would be easier to play it on a 3DS but you can't argue with free) so it looks like I will be getting shovel knight sooner or later.... Hopefully sooner! ;P do you own the game? Or have you just heard about it? Looks like it would be a lot of fun!

That exactly what I did actually :p grabbed a rom from cool Roms.com and am playing it on my tablet... ( I'll admit it would be easier to play it on a 3DS but you can't argue with free) so it looks like I will be getting shovel knight sooner or later.... Hopefully sooner! ;P do you own the game? Or have you just heard about it? Looks like it would be a lot of fun!
I see, that's good then. And I don't own it, I've seen it played before, and played a bit from one of my buddies SD card.

Shovel Knight looks like a very fun game to play. I love games like these. I have loads and loads of fun playing them. I have seen the bosses of the game and it looks like it will have a lot of action in it. I will be definately buying this game. This seems like it will be one of the best games for the 3ds.

Back