Threats coming from "The Interview"

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
This article wasn't meant to scare you, however I highly advise it to be viewed by a older audience
The movie "The Interview" might not appear in most theaters. Threats have been popping up from a organization called the GOP or Guardians of Peace. They hacked into Sony and left terrorist messages to Sony.

These are some that have appeared:

Warning

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places "The Interview" be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.

The world will be full of fear.

Remember the 11th of September 2001.

We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.

(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)

Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

All the world will denounce the SONY.

What has Sony done? First they demanded that the movie be toned down a lot, but threats still appeared. Now at a dead end, they are saying that theaters don't have to show this movie.
But it didn't take a lot to convince theaters to do just that, many theaters have rejected to show the movie before this announcement was made.

I wanted to see this movie, which is why I got that $25 Fandigo Giftcard from @Antrix but with all these threats, I'll just wait for the DVD.

Yeah I saw this too. Something about this month speaks to these terrorists, with Australia, Pakistan and now this. It's pretty pathetic what these idiots think of doing. I was pretty excited to see the movie too, but now I don't think it'll even be screened in my area.

Reactions: Magik
I sort of thought something like this was going to happen with the movie because other groups of people, such as North Korea, might take the movie as a foreshadowing of an event that might happen in the future. The trailer is definitely not a reassuring factor to this predicament either. I will probably steer clear of this movie, or any theaters for that matter around Christmas day.

I really don't agree with Sony doing this, because the fact that they gave in to the hackers only gives the hackers a sense of empowerment and will most likely cause more threats to happen in the future.

Also from what I've read, Sony has no plans of now to release The Interview on DVD/Blu Ray or even VOD.

I really don't agree with Sony doing this, because the fact that they gave in to the hackers only gives the hackers a sense of empowerment and will most likely cause more threats to happen in the future.

Also from what I've read, Sony has no plans of now to release The Interview on DVD/Blu Ray or even VOD.
Its a shame..... maybe Netflix

i dont movies like this. i dont believe it should have been made.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer and 18
My family was saying, "It's a comedy, let's check it out," but I decided within fifteen seconds of looking it up that it was one of those disgusting movies that very few people find funny. So :yawn:

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Well, in a way it sends the right message saying that brutal and pretty much insane regimes like North Korea's should be ridiculed by the rest of the world. It's admittedly meant for more of a niche audience, but even so threats from people of a totally foreign country shouldn't have that much power.

My family was saying, "It's a comedy, let's check it out," but I decided within fifteen seconds of looking it up that it was one of those disgusting movies that very few people find funny. So :yawn:
I saw it, it was good but wasn't amazing. It was funny

It's just my opinion and I know that the threats are long since done...sort of. But honestly I think they shouldn't make movies about killing other countries presidents/leaders only because they will never know how the country will react. Sure we'll never truly know who sent the threats but we do know they came from North Korea. So it's clear that N.Korea didn't like it very much. Even if it was a comedy we have to be super careful in what we call humor when we do anything with other countries.

My brother did a paper on it during his last semester of college.

I think it's interesting that Sony basically let the terrorists win, then Obama came out in said it was a bad move on Sony's part. I've yet to see the movie yet though I do want to just because of all of this.

I do understand why so many theaters decided not to screen it though.

Back