Tips for a noob when Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes out

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let me start off by saying I've only ever played Monster Hunter Ultimate on the 3DS. I haven't even played a lot but the main reason was because it lacked online play, unlike its Wii U version ;~;

Anyhoo..

I'm definitely picking up Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch when it comes out and I'm asking for some advice/tips so I'll be a little prepared to kick butt and not seem like a total noob xD

And no, I wouldn't be playing Monster Hunter Ultimate on my 3DS again xD (circle pad issues, heh).

Reactions: Kadaj
Let me start off by saying I've only ever played Monster Hunter Ultimate on the 3DS. I haven't even played a lot but the main reason was because it lacked online play, unlike its Wii U version ;~;

Anyhoo..

I'm definitely picking up Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch when it comes out and I'm asking for some advice/tips so I'll be a little prepared to kick butt and not seem like a total noob xD

And no, I wouldn't be playing Monster Hunter Ultimate on my 3DS again xD (circle pad issues, heh).
i also played MH3 Ultimate on the 3ds (im assuming this is the one you said you didnt like, if its not then feel free to correct me). if youre new or inexperienced i highly recommend doing the offline/ single player quests first as from my own experience this is a good way to understand the general basics of the game. try out different weapons combined with different hunting styles (these did not exist in MH3U on 3ds, im pretty certain we didnt have these until 4U on the 3ds but i might be wrong as this is what i heard elsewhere. i do not own 4U on my 3ds). in the single player you start with level 1 and low rank quests. ive already gotten into some of generations ultimate and i personally enjoy using the prowler mode and its what works best for me. if youre not interested in maining palicos, just try out any hunter weapon and mix styles until you find an ideal setup that works best for you. some people like charge blades and think those are best, and ive seen others who prefer hammers and dual blades (or if you want you can try to master them all! good luck with that one...). tbh dual blades were most convenient for me concerning my play style, i like faster weapons so this is easier for me to work with. but i will say right now that these require whetstones faster due to the fast paced consecutive hitting they're designed to do, so as usual, risk and return when fighting large monsters.

another thing i advise is repeating large monster quests to grind their drops so you can forge better armors as you progress and use any armor spheres you can to upgrade as much as possible. i will also warn you that this requires an obvious excess amount of grinding, especially for covering the zenny costs later on as better armor and weapons cost more cash to make and upgrade (not to mention higher grade armor spheres), so you'll need to repeat quests several times to keep your gear in check and stay in the game for lack of better words. if you wanna do better, practice is always the way to go, and again i suggest grinding as much as you can to keep your armors and weapons strong and get new ones whenever you hit a snag of sorts :p its obviously a lot of work and time consuming but i love it tbh. hope this helps you get started when you buy generations ultimate, its done me fine so far but im also still pretty early lol :p

Back