Tips for anybody undergoing surgery (major surgery tips)

• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
These are serious tips, nothing in here is a joke, so when I talk about constipation, take it 100% seriously. I have had 3 open-heart surgeries, and a bunch of other minor ones, and I can give you great tips on how you can overcome your surgery!

1) Anything that the doctor says you should do or shouldn't do, make sure to follow it to the letter.
2) If you are constipated after the surgery, you are probably not eating enough food
3) If you aren't eating enough food, get some in you, seriously. Most hospitals won't let you out until you have a bowel movement, it's really important that you eat as much as you can so that you can get a full stomach (of course I don't mean to stuff your face, but just be really aware of how much you eat)
4) If you are going to be in the hospital for a while, just take a rest, but also to keep from getting bedsores and weakened muscles, make sure to walk around if you can. Ask a nurse for help if you need to, don't be scared, seriously. Even a few steps are OK, in fact, it's great!
5) Bring something that reminds you of home, something like a trinket or item that you love
6) Bring a portable gaming device, a Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest, anything that you can to get through the times.
7) Depending on the hospital, there will be LOADS of really new movies that you can check out on the hospital TV, especially if its in a long-term stay.
8) Don't ever be afraid or ashamed to ask for help for ANYTHING. If you crap yourself on accident, ask for some help, seriously. If you spill something, and you can't get it yourself, ask for help. The nurses and caregivers that you have are there to help you. They've probably seen WAY worse.
9) Talk to me if you ever need to.
10) Please don't overthink your surgery, trying to think up of every possible thing that might go wrong. You don't even need to think about your surgery as a matter of fact. Just think of it as a nice long nap (I remember the last time I had surgery, it was like just quickly going to sleep in the operating room, and then just waking up a couple minutes later ~more like a couple of hours really, but it felt like minutes~)

• Informative
Reactions: Mizunil, Agentperson, Artisan and 1 other person
Back