Is Wavebouncing Worth Mastering

• Ur wasting ur time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kr3rdparty

kr3rdparty

Unknown Luigi
Towns Folk
So I know what a wavebounce is in which you have to combine a turn around b and a b reverse but its pretty difficult for me to pull off. Ive only done it a few times in slow motion training mode but even then it was really hard.

So i want to know 1 if a wavebounce works if the backwards input is immidiately after or if there is like a certain time frame you have to be within because even in slow motion, the character doesn't seem to turn fast enough to reverse again.

And 2, is there any specific move/character best to practice with and best to see results with.

And for anyone that is pretty good at it, is it really that useful while playing competitively (as in are you using it often to get you percents or kills), because i just like how cool it looks (poll thingy at the top).

First of all... How do u make a poll?

Second of all if u wanna learn how to wavebounce, try doing it in 1/2 motion they graduatly working ur way up motion to motion. To do a wavebounce put in these inputs..
jumpback, jumpback, b then back then forward.
And you HAVE to do this at a fast pace. (i mean u have to FLICK that joystick if u want it to work)
If u need help... Talk to me on miiverse or...

FC:4356-2307-2140
NNID: DTXeno

Reactions: kr3rdparty
The poll is at the bottom of the thread creation page. But i think there is a certain number of posts you need to have though, Im not sure.

for the wavebounce
I guess flicking works in normal speed and 2/3 but at 1/4 speed the character just doesn't do it, sometimes in 1/2 speed too. maybe its because my fingers seem to angle a bit down when flicking, should that have much of an effect?

Oh yeah, and i am doing this on a 2ds, so i dont have corners like the gc controller or bidou or anything like that

i see...
Sometimes if u angle a bit down it does tend to mess it up but, yeah i guess that you could say it has a sight effect in the way the wavebounce is exicuted. Most times, it depends if its a forward wavebounce or a backward wavebounce.
Btw, what is ur friend code?

jumpback, jumpback, b then back then forward.
*facepalm*
Im so stupid, ive been jumping in place the whole time.
I can b reverse jmping forward and back and all, but i guess all the reversing screwed me up when wave bouncing
thx @UltraLynx52 though, for that well deserved smack in the face

fc:
4227-4926-8906
if you still want to help

All right, good to know.... lol
i'll add u later since i have to go to school.
btw can u give me some play coins plz? only 50

Hey, if anyone needs some more tips on wavebouncing, here are some:

- Try to flick the control stick to the direction you want to go and get your finger off of it so it flicks back. Next tap the b button and IMMIDIATELY flick it to the other side.
- If it's way to hard for you just run, reverse while still on the ground and jump. You will do a jump with reversed mobility. Then do a B-reverse and it should have the same effect.
- Mostly wavebouncing has no use, but it's worth to learn it. Try it!
- Try to wavebounce in a regular match. Go on training with a lvl. 9 CPU and try to use a wavebounce the good an practical way.

Good luck

Reactions: kr3rdparty
Maybe you already have seen this video, but if you didn't, here it is

Heheh, of course u would pick My Smash Corner. Good choice. I haven't seen many other videos covering this topic. Although, I haven't really looked into it yet. Sooooooo.....

First put on slow motion at the slowest possible and best of you have l trigger to play it, because you can pause to do the next steps. Do move by move do try to do the whole thing at first cause it will be harder. Try characters that make it easier to accomplish like light characters like Rosalina to have time before reaching the floor.

Back