Tips to "get good" at Ninjala

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Ninjala is a free game on the Nintendo Switch and it reminds a lot of people of Splatoon from what I've heard, so maybe that's one reason why a lot of people have been checking it out, despite the fact that it's free and there's nothing to lose by downloading it.

So anyway, for the people who have been playing for a while now, do you have any tips to share with the rest of the community that might make them get better at the game?

Reactions: P2.0
If you double jump while using gum, you’ll do a gum dash, also while parrying up beats down, side beats up, down beats side that’s all I know lmao

From what I can share, try all weapons. And find the weapon that suits you best. Experiment with it in free play before you do rank battles.
The game shows you how to parry, but it's basically you and your opponent trying to guess what the other is doing. Once you've done it a few times, you'll kinda get it?

Bubbles help you morph your extra attacks/big weapons, but you can also use it to block projectiles. But it makes your bubble decrease in size, so be careful of how much you block. Also, if your weapon gets broken, you can't use anything until you craft it again.

NEVER USE A MISSILE ON A WALL, OR CLOSE TO THE CEILING. It'll just blow up on you. ( Found that out the hard way. :'o )

Reactions: AricAttack
From what I can share, try all weapons. And find the weapon that suits you best. Experiment with it in free play before you do rank battles.
The game shows you how to parry, but it's basically you and your opponent trying to guess what the other is doing. Once you've done it a few times, you'll kinda get it?

Bubbles help you morph your extra attacks/big weapons, but you can also use it to block projectiles. But it makes your bubble decrease in size, so be careful of how much you block. Also, if your weapon gets broken, you can't use anything until you craft it again.

NEVER USE A MISSILE ON A WALL, OR CLOSE TO THE CEILING. It'll just blow up on you. ( Found that out the hard way. :'o )
Memories of running into missile explosion because I didn’t think it would hurt me

Memories of running into missile explosion because I didn’t think it would hurt me
Missle attacks from allies don't hurt you, they just knock you away. o/ You'll be ok if it's your team's color.

If you wanna be in top 3, you have to go around beating EVERYONE up. You have to take every chance you get or else u wont have enough points. You can get a bonus at the end of the game if you have the most ippons or the most drone kills. Dash is super useful. Use it all the time but be aware of your meter. When parrying, more people tend to choose up and side rather than down (as far as i have seen). And there are three different moves you can use any time for each weapon performed by pressing ZR and up/down/right left each being a different move. And something i found super useful: you can assign some assist codes to yiur weapons for features like stealing life from your opponents. You can set this in the bottom part of the screen after you choose your weapon.

Destroying drones is incredibly useful, and do it at every opportunity you get

Reactions: P2.0 and Deepak
Jala's the in-game currency to get stuff from the store. Most of it, anyway. If you want more Jala, you need actual money to pay for it.

It's more so accessories, like changing your look from hairstyles to clothes, to weapon looks. It doesn't influence the gameplay in terms of power in any way. But if you want to add a little flair to your character, it's definitely the way to go. Also, you can earn Jala from upgrading your tier. Tier ranking is different from your level, and it grants you rewards for reaching the next milestone. The quickest way to level it up is through ranked matches.

Back