Tips to not get scammed in acnh

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So i recently got scammed and it is the WORST feeling, trust me.
DD3A00BC-0D63-43A6-ABFF-2C41943BE605.png
( he tried scamming me a second time btw)
I really dont want that to happen to anyone else. So here are a couple tips. First of all: remember, if you have to take more than one trip to an island for a trade, there is a high possibility of being scammed. Only make these trades with trusted people. Second: if something suspicious is happening, you can quickly press the home button and x out so that nothing is saved. Third: if the other person takes a long time to lead you to a villager, its probably a scam. Always try finishing a trade BEFORE autosave kicks in cuz hitting the home button wont work if autosave kicks in. Thats how i got scammed. You can always ask if that person is willing to do their side of the deal first. If that person agrees, the chances of them being a scammer is REALLY low. Even though someone might seem friendly, DONT TRUST THEM! These are a couple tips. So dont get scammed!

Reactions: Mizunil
So i recently got scammed and it is the WORST feeling, trust me.
( he tried scamming me a second time btw)
I really dont want that to happen to anyone else. So here are a couple tips. First of all: remember, if you have to take more than one trip to an island for a trade, there is a high possibility of being scammed. Only make these trades with trusted people. Second: if something suspicious is happening, you can quickly press the home button and x out so that nothing is saved. Third: if the other person takes a long time to lead you to a villager, its probably a scam. Always try finishing a trade BEFORE autosave kicks in cuz hitting the home button wont work if autosave kicks in. Thats how i got scammed. You can always ask if that person is willing to do their side of the deal first. If that person agrees, the chances of them being a scammer is REALLY low. Even though someone might seem friendly, DONT TRUST THEM! These are a couple tips. So dont get scammed!
what server did you find him on?

what server did you find him on?
Idk. He left all servers before we traded

• Informative
Reactions: AricAttack
quickest way to kick someone from your island is to go into airplane mode via holding down the home button and pressing it there. It insta kicks them instead of waiting on a timeout.

• Informative
Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I already know all of this.

If they're just wasting time, I quit the game and tell them it straight-up.

If it's a trade where there's too many things to bring and I need to make multiple trips, I ask them to do their part halfway through the transaction before autosave kicks in. That way, it might be fair on both sides.

Reactions: Mizunil
Back