TLoZ - Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm thinking about purchasing one of these Zelda games and I'm not sure which to choose (Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess). I'm looking for challenging boss battles over puzzles and a good storyline wouldn't hurt, :bag:

Which do you think I should get?

You'll probably want both eventually, but I like Skyward Sword much better. It has some of the most memorable bosses in the series in my opinion. I also love the motion control ... the waggle of Twilight Princess can't compare with Skyward Swords awesome control.

Reactions: Marc
I own both games, and I'd have to say you'll like Skyward Sword better. Twilight Princess is good if you don't really feel like getting into the game and just want to "watch" cool graphic stuff happen (especially with the final battle with the
Master Sword locking with Ganondorf's sword that was stolen from one of the Sages, and then having to shake the Wii remote or mash the A button to overpower him
) With that said though, Twilight Princess is really a Gamecube game and the Wii was mainly a port of it (although Wii version feels better with the "waggle" of the Wii remote). If you look it up, you can see that the Wii version is actually a mirror of the Gamecube version (Gamecube version is actually what Hyrule would look like, while the Wii version reversed east and west in terms of locations)

Skyward Sword offers more interesting dungeons given it isn't really barren overworld between dungeons and you see puzzles within the whole thing. Plus, there's a boss battle mode as well as other things.

In terms of more interesting boss battles, what exactly do you mean? If you mean the bosses are more interesting, Skyward Sword is good because of
constant fights with Ghirahim throughout the game that develop his hilariously flamboyant personality
If you mean more depth with the boss battles, I think you could argue for both sides, but one thing I particularly like about Skyward Sword is
there's a boss battle where the boss wields these 6 huge swords and you use an item to make him drop a couple of them, and then you grab one of the huge swords and swing it all over him to attack

Sorry for all the spoiler tags, but I think based on this, you'll see I'd recommend getting Skyward Sword, but you'll need a Wii Motion Plus accessory for it if you don't already have one.

Reactions: Marc
Back