Toadette was once planned to be a playable character in Super Mario 3D World

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Dataminer Nickoloxx revealed that Toadette might have once been planned to be a playable character in Super Mario 3D World. The info was discovered when they were digging through the game's files.
Nickoloxx said:
So far I've found a few traces of her in the player files. She has a voice line for being selected, and I also found 214 player animations.
Nickoloxx says they were able to get the voice to load on the character selection screen in the game, but they were unable to rip it directly.

Why do you think this file is in the game? There's talk about Toadette being a possible 5th character instead of the four. And then there's talk about Toadette being part of the Captain Toad levels.

Reactions: Jisenku
Dataminer Nickoloxx revealed that Toadette might have once been planned to be a playable character in Super Mario 3D World. The info was discovered when they were digging through the game's files.

Nickoloxx says they were able to get the voice to load on the character selection screen in the game, but they were unable to rip it directly.

Why do you think this file is in the game? There's talk about Toadette being a possible 5th character instead of the four. And then there's talk about Toadette being part of the Captain Toad levels.

There is already a 5th character, Rosalina

Toadette was most likely connected to captain toad considering this, plus the fact that she's a playable character in the captain toad games.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Duffy
Think about it this way: Toadette is playable in Super Mario Maker 2. Not sure if they made her play like Toad or just the same as everyone else. It's not far from Mario's scope of characters with Toad being in NSMBW and SMB2US. He normally has a shorter jump but can grab veggie quickly.

It makes sense. If toad is playable why not toadette? I always wondered that in New Super Mario Bros. Wii instead of different colors of toad.

Was this for the new Bowsers Fury version, or the Wii U version? It would be a cool addition, although it doesn't make a huge difference to the gameplay. I would think its almost the same controls and similar character model as toad, but the female version.

Was this for the new Bowsers Fury version, or the Wii U version? It would be a cool addition, although it doesn't make a huge difference to the gameplay. I would think its almost the same controls and similar character model as toad, but the female version.
I feel like it's the Wii U version because "+ Bowser's Fury" was never specified. They might have started digging through the Super Mario 3D World files because of the Bowser's Fury hype.

Reactions: Jisenku and Mizunil
possible time issues and finding abplace or use in gam e for this character might have lead to the exclusion of toadette in 3d world.
with captain toad in game hard to think of where she would be in game and what she could even do.
maybe she could be for just menu and title screen at bare minimum but was scrapped for even that.
it would have been nice if she was playable in the game , but it is unknown why she was even going to be in the game planned for to then be removed so quickly.
could have just saved her for her own game later in the future.

It's a shame they couldn't add her in on time. They could try adding her in via an update though hopefully. She deserves a spot in my opinion.

Back