Toaru Majutsu No Index

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk

I discovered this anime a couple of years ago and was hooked from the very first episode.

The anime mostly takes place in Academy City, a place where science is so advanced that it triggered the apparition of espers.

It follows the life of Touma and his encounters with enemies from inside Academy City (both espers and people without powers) as well as enemies from the outside (Magicians from the Church).

The main setting of the anime revolves around the conflict between Academy City and the Church, Touma being at the center of it all because his right hand can nullify any sort of power, be it from espers, magicians, and even godly beings.

Toaru Majutsu No Index currently has two seasons with 24 episodes each, and an upcoming movie.

There is also a side story known as Toaru Kagaku No Railgun, a side story that follows the life of one of the strongest espers in Academy city. It also has two seasons, each with 24 episodes.

Reactions: Marc
I love this anime, :love: Accelerator is now my new avatar, :woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: Memento Mori
I love this anime, :love: Accelerator is now my new avatar, :woot:

I'm still waiting for them to create a side story season all about Accelerator :? Although, I wouldn't exactly be a fan of them doing the Sisters Arc all over again from Accelerator's perspective :?

I watched the main seasons already, and I love it.
But I don't have interest to watch the spin off or the girl side story :dead:

I watched the main seasons already, and I love it.
But I don't have interest to watch the spin off or the girl side story :dead:

You're really missing out though :p
Railgun introduced two of the level 5 espers so far :D
And the second season has some of the best action scenes of the whole anime.

You're really missing out though :p
Railgun introduced two of the level 5 espers so far :D
And the second season has some of the best action scenes of the whole anime.

I get bored with the first season of Railgun, that's the principal reason.
I'm a casual guy with animes (Taking reference with videogames)

I finished Toaru Majutsu No Index sometime this week. My comment remains the same, great anime, :love:

I moved on to the Railgun one. The first episode is a little boring IMO, :whistle: but it's decent.

how many seasons are there to this anime?

Cool another anime, I think i'm gonna give up trying to watch the Pokemon Black/White series, it looks like a great anime. @Demon_skeith there is two seasons to this anime,each season containing 24 episodes (its in the description). This anime looks like my kinda anime :D. I still have to continue watching Baka and Test though (haven't really reached far)

from what I checked up on this anime, it seems like it spans more than 2 seasons.

Reactions: Reece
from what I checked up on this anime, it seems like it spans more than 2 seasons.

Oh well I didn't know I was reading what the description in the thread says,but that is awesome if its more :D

Really nice anime. Enjoyed watching it! :D

How far did you reach?
I finished the half of the second season. Not sure if they made a third one.

I finished the half of the second season. Not sure if they made a third one.

Cool, I sure hope I can watch this anime soon.

how many seasons are there to this anime?

There are basically 4 seasons. Here is the order in which you should watch it.
  • Toaru Majutsu No Index (focuses on Touma and Index)
  • Toaru Kagaku No Railgun (focuses on Raingun/Misaka, takes place before and during the first part of Toaru Majutsu No Index)
  • Toaru Majutsu No Index II (focuses on Touma and Index)
  • Toaru Kagaku No Railgun S (focuses on Raingun/Misaka, takes place during the second part of the first season of Toaru Majutsu No Index)
While Toaru Majutsu No Index and Toaru Kagaku No Railgun share the same universe and timeline, as you can guess they have their own main characters and plots.

Another thing I loved about the 2 series is that Toaru Kagaku No Railgun S retold one of the best arcs of Toaru Majutsu No Index from a different perspective.

Reactions: Marc and Reece
thanks for the info.

Back