tohou azure reflections

• Thread starter eonia
  • Start date
eonia

eonia

into the next dream
Towns Folk

this game was released this week, its a bullet hell game ,its very short, but also very fun and replayable, also there are online scoreboards

you must defeat enemies in the stages and the battle the bosses, in the video you can see that the player characters have a litte heart, if you get it in that hearth ,your character will get dizzy for a moment ,and if you get hit again while you are dizzy,you will lose a life

you have some tools to defend yourself, ones are limited, like spellcards, wich can destroy all enemy bullets in the screen and hit very hard to the bosses

others are more risky, like for example, you can destroy nearby bullets, but in exchange ,your attacks will become weaker

you can make yourself stronger buying accesories with points,you will still have to work hard to win, but the accesories can give you a litte help

also the music is very good

there are some unlockable content in the database in the game , if you play well enough

for now the game have a discount of 30% in the eshop

They made a full on tohou game? Neat. This is the first tohou with celshaded 3d graphics. Tohou is usually known for its music and beautiful bullet patterns, as well as its incredible difficulty. And anime girls.

They made a full on tohou game? Neat. This is the first tohou with celshaded 3d graphics. Tohou is usually known for its music and beautiful bullet patterns, as well as its incredible difficulty. And anime girls.
there ather other two tohou games in switch, one is a figthing game that i only got because i found it at 10 euros, and it doesnt deserve the full price, but its good for the price i got it

the other one "genso wanderer reloaded" its a roguelike, if you like pokemon mistery dungeon you would like that one,but its more expensive, since it haves a lot of content

but, for people that doesnt know a lot of tohou and want to get into the series lore and characters, the gensou shoujo taisen games are good for that , these games are srpg games for pc and the fan-translation for the final one is very advanced

Looks pretty cool. The graphics look pretty neat too. I wouldnt get the game though.

thie game looks lovelu to me , i like its art style and vivid graphics.
i saw the fighting game at wal mart , it looks good but at this time i am not intrested. this game is not my type of game but i like that it is cheap and it is on switch. touhou gebsou wanderer is my type of game , i like pokemon mystery dungeon/izuna series/etrian mystery dungeon so i would like this game a lot.
how expensive is the mystery dungeon game and is it on sale too?

thie game looks lovelu to me , i like its art style and vivid graphics.
i saw the fighting game at wal mart , it looks good but at this time i am not intrested. this game is not my type of game but i like that it is cheap and it is on switch. touhou gebsou wanderer is my type of game , i like pokemon mystery dungeon/izuna series/etrian mystery dungeon so i would like this game a lot.
how expensive is the mystery dungeon game and is it on sale too?
i havent finished it,it is as expensive as other big games on the switch but it has a lot of content, for the monent i havent done any optional dungeon (there are a lot of them) and for the moment i have 26 hours of playtime and it seems i only have half of playable and partner characters unlocked so it seems there is still more "main" dungeons

is the touhou mystery dungeon game as expensive as smash bros ultimate $60? or as expensive as mario kart 8 deluxe $50?
what shops would you reccomend for those who would like to get this game?
has there been any dlc content or noteworthy patches/updates?

by any chance is this game for those who has not played many mystery dungeon games?
are the other touhou games in your opionion good start for those who has not played any kind of touhou games , official or fanmade?
are you only playing touhou games for switch?
any other fan games or digital indies touhou games on other systems that u are playing that yoy could reccomend to new people who are new to touhou?

is the touhou mystery dungeon game as expensive as smash bros ultimate $60? or as expensive as mario kart 8 deluxe $50?
what shops would you reccomend for those who would like to get this game?
has there been any dlc content or noteworthy patches/updates?
a litte less than mario kart, that was the eshop says
about the shops, well, i live in europe and in europe is digital only,so , i dont know, but genso wanderer reloaded is a "definitive" version and it haves all the dlc for the original genso wanderer and some more things

by any chance is this game for those who has not played many mystery dungeon games?
are the other touhou games in your opionion good start for those who has not played any kind of touhou games , official or fanmade?
are you only playing touhou games for switch?
any other fan games or digital indies touhou games on other systems that u are playing that yoy could reccomend to new people who are new to touhou?

its a hard game, but if you like pokemon mystery dungeon i guess you would like it

lore wise, no, in my opinion the original games, or the gensou shoujo taisen games for PC are better for the lore(the original are bullet hell and the gensou shoujo taisen are SRPG, so choose the one you like the most but the gensou shoujo taisen also include the PC-98 and official manga characters so I guess GST has some more)
gameplay wise, azure reflections is maybe the most begginer friendly tohou bullet hell i have seen, the other two games for the switch are simple enougth to understand how to to play, but i dont recommend kobuto battle unless you find it very cheap

not really, i have played the gensou shoujo taisen games (those were my first tohou games, still waiting for the fantranslation of the last game)

also, tohou soccer moushooden its very fun,specially if you like captain tsubasa or inazuma eleven ,especially since tohou soccer feels like a parody of these two series ,but to understant some of the funny parts you would have to know some of the tohou lore and the common memes of the tohou community

i see so it costs around the same as mario kart does on the switch digitally.
i niticed that in japan it has a physcial version , perhaps outside of japan a physcial run in some countries was a limited run that only preorders got people carts of the mystery dungeon touhou game.
yep i do like the touhou mystery dungeon game from what i hear about it , despite diffucultly of the game.
i do hope that the mystery dungeon game stays on e shop long enough for its price to go down somewhat to in the 40$ range to maybe even the 30$ range sometime down thenline in the future .

i am not impacted by lore of a game as much as a lot of people i see on youtube.
but as long as i can get into the game and understand what i have to do to clear a level inorder to see more story and about its characters then i am fine.
i did not hear about touhou until around 2011 since i was rarely able to go on the internet outside of school until around that point in time.
once i was abble to explore what was on the web as in had more than 10-25 minutes in every 2-4 days to go online , i eventually discovered touhou and its characters.
but at the time i did not know what i was looking at or who its characters were , i was enjoying the music and all of the crazy bullet dodging the player was doing.

after lookimg into more of touhou games made for the series i noticed that some had translations while a good chunk does not.
i also realized that bullet hell games were the type of game that i would watch , but not play.
at the same time due to how rich some of the games lore,comedy and story are both the fan games and official ones , i would not see myself trying to play them due to no translation existing yet.
my favorite theme in the game series so far is flandere scarlet super boss theme.
the fan art and doujin of touhou series was helpful in getting familar with its characters even though not having played its games.
as from what i have seen , most old games graphics was quite simple , so,e characters felt similar and easy to mistake for other characters.
only up until around 2016 is when the touhou games with more vivid character design began to show up on other devices.
but ever since touhou became popular , the fan art and doujim had the most cases of where the characters were the most easy to identify. each artist style and their favorite touhou girls to draw helps destinguish each character , some artists show off the characters personality in their art style and or in the kind of fan art or doujin the artists likes to make.

by slowly getting into the lore as the touhou wikipedia pages update their databases with the most recent official games ,
the fans doujin as well as the fan games and fan art start to make more sence.
you get to see more sides of the touhou characters more in the doujin and especially in the fan anime on youtube that reminds me somewhat of studio trigger and of anime like little witch academia in terms of art style.
these fan anime look like real anime studio anime.
yet the ones who made those anime ova are not a big anime studio.
just dedicated fans who wanted to make touhou anime and post it on youtube.
some of those anime has voice acting , but most fan anime of touhou does not and only has subtitles.
it is just my viewpoint that for people who does not know japanese or is fortunate enough to be able to own and play the touhou games is that fan art , fan anime and doujin , with and or without subtitles is one of the easiest ways to get into touhou and to overtime understand the characters , remember and to get to knowna little more about their daily lives and personality.
especially if one finds a artist they really like , who draws a lot of touhou art , even if one does not know what touhou is or that touhou even existed , then their intrest in touhou will go up and eventually will look into touhou and its games and characters.

for similar reasons as touhou "except for fan games" is that kantai collection and azur lane have so many fans , as a lot of people inside and outside of japan have found out about these games and many others through popular japanese and sometimes even western artists like "born to die" for example did not know about a anime or game until seeing fan art the artist made, liked the fan art of the character then proceeds to look up the game or anime.
the content made by fans of media is something that helps some people endure a lomg wait for news and release of the next product release or anime seaseon/ova/movie.
fan content can also convince some people to give a game series or anime a try , for me i did not know precure existed until i saw doujin from arineko soft. i watched a season of precure and enjoyed it , then watched the newest season and liked that.
now i plan to watch kira kira precure and hugotto precure when hugotto precure has finished aring so that when the next season of precure starts , i am watching the 2 previous seasons of precure.
these touhou games that are on eshop are many peoples first touhou games , so they might not be in it for the lore , just the vireity of the type of games , as not all of the touhou games out in english are bullet hell games like the original ones.
that is one of touhou series charm " while bullet hell is the series forte , the series explores other types of games often"
i am happy touhou series has a mystery dungeon game , that touhou game is the one i want the most , i am hoping for price drop for that game.

eeemmm, you shouldnt post multiple times in a row, thats againts the rules, specially if there are only 15 minutes between each post

sorry. thanks for the heads up. touhou series did get me thinking a lot.
it has so many characters that it has a fantasy charm that resembles fairy tales that have many species of creatures and people like elfs and fairys.
i got carried away

Back