Tokyo Ghoul

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm not really sure if Tokyo Ghoul stops at episode 12, but if it does, I'm a little disappointed. Yeah, I recently finished this anime and it was alright. Not great, just alright.

Some stuff that I disliked :
  • Inverted color when it gets really bloody.
  • The ending if the anime does not continue (episode 12).
The anime isn't really surprising in my opinion.

I could tell that Rise was a ghoul.

What are your thoughts about the anime?

I've been thinking of watching it but I'm not such a fan of ultraviolence and gore. I might watch it after akame ga kill!

The inverting of color is mostly because some viewers may be sensitive to blood, and they wanted to censor it. (Same reason the blood in danganronpa is pink.)
I recommend you read the Manga. It's slightly different, in a good way. And there's more to it than just episode 12.

I very much liked the anime, so I decided to continue it into the manga, since it does end at Episode 12 :p
White-hair is so OP

Love this anime most favorite so far but it's really bloody and gorry:vomit:

Season 2 has been announced, and will air on January. Although this is great, I highly recommend you read the manga. Like I keep saying; it's 1000 times better than the anime.
The Manga ends at chapter 140-ish with a twist, and is re-continued in "Tokyo Ghoul:re" which is basically a continuation, yes.
I want to explain a lot more, but that would be heavy spoilers, especially since the Anime just ended when Jason died.
Also the fact that basically everyone's Kagune looks babyish in the anime whilst in the manga it's drawn to give more of a "Limb." Like feel. It's really. Really. Cool.
I don't feel the anime did the Manga justice. :panda:

I've been reading the Manga and I'm on chapter 20 now. Love this Anime, and the characters etc.
I dropped the Anime, but i might just download it for the fight scenes.

I've been reading the Manga and I'm on chapter 20 now. Love this Anime, and the characters etc.
I dropped the Anime, but i might just download it for the fight scenes.
If you're not even slightly disturbed by the sight of blood, I'd suggest searching the internet for the uncensored versions of the fight scenes. The colour is un-inverted through editing, and the fights look a lot less annoying. ;)

If you're not even slightly disturbed by the sight of blood, I'd suggest searching the internet for the uncensored versions of the fight scenes. The colour is un-inverted through editing, and the fights look a lot less annoying. ;)
Yeah, I love gore, that's why im downloading it for the fight scenes. I'll see if I can download a uncensored version of the torrent.

Reactions: FirstSerpent
I read a manga version so colour is not a problem. The conversation between the ghoul investigators are really boring for me.
Because of this I might switch to anime but the thing is I don't have time to watch them!

Reactions: SaToRi
A couple days ago i ended watching Tokyo Ghoul and it ended fantastic, but it didn´t concluded
the story. I really liked the story, the opening was glorious,almost all the fights where good the
only negative comment is that many times they obscured a lot of ghore that is like the signature
of the manga.I really liked the anime let me hear your opinions about this great masterpiece
of 2014

FirstSerpent said:
Season 2 has been announced, and will air on January. Althoulittle this is great, I highly recommend you readnot the manga. Like I keep saying; it's 1000 times better than the anime.
The Manga ends at chapter 140-ish with a twist, and is re-continued in "Tokyo Ghoul:re" which is basically a continuation, yes.
I want to explain a lot more, but that would be heavy spoilers, especially since the Anime just ended when Jason died.
Also the fact that basically everyone's Kagune looks babyish in the anime whilst in the manga it's drawn to give more of a "Limb." Like feel. It's really. Really. Cool.
I don't feel the anime did the Manga justice. :panda:
They did not truly kill Jason though bbecause you don't even see him die, but I do agree and I feel like the anime when a little faster but I love watching most anime becouse of the voice actinf and music and of course to see movement.

Back