Too Vile!?

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
Just curious (this has EVERYTHING to do with my Copyright Infringment Thread)
how much violence is too much in any media!? In MOST MEDIA I watched...
they censor out torturous scenes and incredible amounts of gore...

But in others, they show everything... Mostly in manga, I've seen raw horrific scenes,
the worst I've seen in comics... was Wolverine being eaten by the Blob. So I'm
wondering what exactly is "mainstream" OK/safe?

I know animal abuse is different for each person, and made up creatures mostly receive
no censorship or importance... but humans being hurt is normally censored. I would like to
know how much would be alright? Normally, is blood alright too show? Implosions,
severed limbs ect is alright to show, up to a point, correct? If I don't show gore beyond blood
spraying/splatters is it OK? Is it too much to show these violent scenes even if I don't make them gory?
Or should censor horrific/dark humor panels/scenes?

Dark humor is usually loved by a certain niche of people and would probably be acceptable. Too much gore can hurt accessibility for the general person viewing a medium, so I'd be weary. I'd say it can probably be beneficial in moderation though. Def an interesting topic too.

Reactions: Kakea
I feel so too, and believe my point would be easier to clarify if I had a
example... should I post it?

My art isn't realistic but, you'll get the idea of what's happening...

Reactions: Duffy
Jinder, if you wanted to post your art you could have just created an art thread. Isn't this a little roundabout?

Reactions: Knight and 28142
Jinder, if you wanted to post your art you could have just created an art thread. Isn't this a little roundabout?

I can't, last time I did just for "showing off"... I got redirected to Imgur
I posted since then, but got little to no responses... but I'll be
going soon... I'll just hafta bounce the scene off a someone else...

(It was a scene with someone imploding, but it was mostly just blood, no horrific details...)

Back