Top 10 Non-OU Pokémon Viable in OU

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk

btw, I recommend this channel A LOT if you want to start playing (or are playing) competitive Pokémon​

That's a pretty good list, I play a lot of those mon in OU, but I haven't used a Tangrowth in that way since Platinum, and hadn't considered it. I think I'll put that one to use.

I know that what you have up there is a 'top ten' but another viable pokemon is heatran. If you go onto smogon, you will find an article that explains a debate where they were trying to confirm weather or not it's a viable pokemon, and it will give you a few strategies like offensive, defensive, stallbreaker, etc.

I know that what you have up there is a 'top ten' but another viable pokemon is heatran. If you go onto smogon, you will find an article that explains a debate where they were trying to confirm weather or not it's a viable pokemon, and it will give you a few strategies like offensive, defensive, stallbreaker, etc.

Did you read the title?

It says Top 10 Non OU Pokémon viable in OU

There is a video of Top 10 Viable Pokémon OU and Top 10 Megas in OU

Last edited:
My favorite one on the list is Gastrodon, it has storm drain, can't be paralyzed (unless by body slam) it can be defensive with stat boosts and recover. I would've put Durant and Machamp because it gets No Guard Dynamicpunch and you can deal good damage with it. Durant just misses because of Hustle but with a Hone Claws it can sweep unless outsped.

My favorite one on the list is Gastrodon, it has storm drain, can't be paralyzed (unless by body slam) it can be defensive with stat boosts and recover. I would've put Durant and Machamp because it gets No Guard Dynamicpunch and you can deal good damage with it. Durant just misses because of Hustle but with a Hone Claws it can sweep unless outsped.

The thing about Durant is that is not good in OU, it hits hard, sure, but its speed is really bad for an ofensive Pokémon (like, 110 is considered barely good, and anything lower than that is quite bad, unless they are excelent at thier jobs even with bad speed (Charizard Y, Keldeo) or can boost it up reliably (Charizard X, Mega Altaria)

Machamp is another thing, Machamp, unlike Durant, is not exactly awful, but there is a lot of stuff that hit much harder, or have better utility

Machamp is gimmicky, but has a niche, but he doesn't deserve a spot in the top 10, at all (I mean, if Conkeldurr, which is Machamp but better didn't make it, then why would Machamp make it)

Assault Vest Metagross was one of my fave sets in XY lol.
I also find Storm Drain Gastrodon as something becoming more popular as of late, it does great against anything that doesn't know Grass moves lol.

@Zukrad, I'm looking at some of these videos, you're right, good channel suggestion. His enthusiasm in battle is somewhat humorous, and that Tangrowth is haunting me :drool:

@Zukrad, I'm looking at some of these videos, you're right, good channel suggestion. His enthusiasm in battle is somewhat humorous, and that Tangrowth is haunting me :drool:
Channels that I suggest are

- Blunder777 (The guy form these 3 videos, won "Best OU player" in the Smogon awards)
- PokeAimMD (won "Most influential player" and "Best Overall player " in the Smogon awards, he also got Top 10 in Showdown in all tiers (he is still climbing Doubles OU))
- Emvee (makes pretty sweet teams with underrated Pokémon)
- Jamvad (same as above, Blunder says Jamvad is the best Pokémon player he has met)
- Chimpact (Makes some heat teams, he is the one with the best record in the GBA right now iirc)
- itzGator (Pretty good player, he plays Heartstone too)
- False (Another really good player, Fast Rotom is love, fast rotom is life)
- CBB (Pretty good player, tho he hasn't uploaded in a while, won "best player when intoxicated or high" lol)
- CTC (Doesn't upload that much, but he won "best teambuilder" and "second most influential player")
- Aberforth (Really good player, he plays Ubers mostly, makes teambulding videos too)
- Kyle Cole (VGC and Doubles OU player, pretty good and fun to watch when haxed lol)
- WolfeyVGC (Another good VGC player, makes some good guides he got attacked by Verlisidiot not too long ago, but the Pokémon community is stronger than he thinks)

Channels that I suggest are

- Blunder777 (The guy form these 3 videos, won "Best OU player" in the Smogon awards)
- PokeAimMD (won "Most influential player" and "Best Overall player " in the Smogon awards, he also got Top 10 in Showdown in all tiers (he is still climbing Doubles OU))
- Emvee (makes pretty sweet teams with underrated Pokémon)
- Jamvad (same as above, Blunder says Jamvad is the best Pokémon player he has met)
- Chimpact (Makes some heat teams, he is the one with the best record in the GBA right now iirc)
- itzGator (Pretty good player, he plays Heartstone too)
- False (Another really good player, Fast Rotom is love, fast rotom is life)
- CBB (Pretty good player, tho he hasn't uploaded in a while, won "best player when intoxicated or high" lol)
- CTC (Doesn't upload that much, but he won "best teambuilder" and "second most influential player")
- Aberforth (Really good player, he plays Ubers mostly, makes teambulding videos too)
- Kyle Cole (VGC and Doubles OU player, pretty good and fun to watch when haxed lol)
- WolfeyVGC (Another good VGC player, makes some good guides he got attacked by Verlisidiot not too long ago, but the Pokémon community is stronger than he thinks)
I follow a few of those, but I know most of those names. I think I'll check them all out, thanks.

Back