Top 3DS game 2014

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
2014 is coming to a close and I can pretty confidently say that it has been a good year for the 3DS. So which game do you think was the best of the year and why?

Persona Q imo, hands down (it isn't famous here though, heh).

I heard Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire do not change much when comparing them to their GBA versions other than the new mega evolutions, better graphics, a couple of new features and over 700 Pokemon.

Smash Bros. for 3DS is a good choice but the only reason I play it is for its online multiplayer gameplay. If all customs were available without being required to unlock 'em, I might not have even touched its single player gameplay .-.

Fantasy Life looks good, but I haven't played it =/

Tomodachi Life lacks online play so I never even gave it the time of day. It does sound cool and I like that you can insert your friends' Miis in the game, sing/dance with them and do a bunch of other crazy stuff.

That's all of the 2014 releases that I could remember as of writing this >.<'

Reactions: spagooti, 18 and Mikaya
Honestly I haven't been able to buy or try all the latest releases from nintendo but what i do believe is that super smash bros for 3ds should be one of the best games or even the best game of the year. I know and I respect the pokemon games that were launched in november but honestly I think it is something about the genre of the games, ssbb was the first one of the series to reach a handheld system and it did quite well, the scenarios, the characters the different modes you can play give the game actual life and engages you to continue playing it for hours.

I've got to say it was Super Smash Bros 3DS, it was the first game in the series to reach a handheld system, and it did brilliantly.

I hope for future handheld Smashes.

The online was not brilliant though, quite the opposite.

Persona Q imo, hands down (it isn't famous here though, heh).

I heard Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire do not change much when comparing them to their GBA versions other than the new mega evolutions, better graphics, a couple of new features and over 700 Pokemon.

Smash Bros. for 3DS is a good choice but the only reason I play it is for its online multiplayer gameplay. If all customs were available without being required to unlock 'em, I might not have even touched its single player gameplay .-.

Fantasy Life looks good, but I haven't played it =/

Tomodachi Life lacks online play so I never even gave it the time of day. It does sound cool and I like that you can insert your friends' Miis in the game, sing/dance with them and do a bunch of other crazy stuff.

That's all of the 2014 releases that I could remember as of writing this >.<'
I don't even remember 2014 titles since I spent playing 2013 games (and older) in my 3DS :oops:
I bought Bravely Default, yet I won't make it to the top list due to the repetitive scenario :p
I bought Azure Striker Gunvolt, too, but I need to compare it with other platformer first.

As for indie games (which I also gave a review in 3DS Pedia), I would suggest The Legend of Dark Witch. I think @Spinnerweb would suggest Demon King Box... well anyway Circle Entertainment did a good job this year.

Reactions: 18
I would rate both Pokemon X and Y on top for this year because it brings a lot new things to the Pokemon franchise. OR/AS is just a rehash of the previous games mixed with X/Y to make it a bit modern.

I Think pokemon alpha sapphire and omega ruby were the best this year for sure.

I think Pokemon X and Y are pretty good. Then again, I don't have much games from 2014 to compare them to. Seemingly so, it has been a decent year of games.

Pokemon X and Y: The game was pretty good in general. It had a nice adventure, a cool soundtrack, some nice features/content, and a lot of other fun things the game included. It was nice how the game introduced new features into the Pokemon franchise.

Super Smash Bros. 4 (3DS): Although I don't own the full game, I've played the Demo version. Even though the Demo version was very limited, it was pretty fun battling against others with my skills, abilities, items, etc. The full game also looks pretty good.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Again, I've only played the Demo version of the game, but the Demo was pretty fun. My friends have told me that the full game is pretty good, and has nice amount of content, better graphics, good gameplay, new features, and lots more.

Reactions: Knight Rain
Super smash bros- first game of the super smash bros franchise to come to a handheld. Practically 15 years in the making.in my opinion the online is the only selling point here if you play for a while. After completing all the challenges online multiplayer was one of the only things I did. The game is good for 50-60 hours and then it just didn't seem all that good compared to the wii u version and I kinda regret getting it for now. But the first 50-60 were amazing so that might help it win goty. Really wish they made the 3ds version have a little more features.
Pokemon ORAS- never owned a pokemon game or this but pokemon games always make it into the contenders for goty so this is a strong pick
Bravely default- don't own this but people say it is really awesome and it might win

Pokemon Omega Ruby its nice game , Anyone wants to trade or battle?

Super Smash Bros for 3DS wins my vote. There are so many ways this series could've went on a downturn because of Brawl but now each character feel like they have a chance at winning, it's very deep and has everything you could ever want in a serious fighting game.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. I (as well as many others) have been waiting for this game to come out, and it is FREAKING AMAZING!!!! I've always wanted to play a Smash Bros. game wherever I go, and now I can thanks to this game!

Smash bros 3ds has to the best for 2014 becaues of the most important thing online gaming not to mention the competition an the updates thats what makes it a bless game for 2014.

I'd have to say OR/AS. Many Pokemon fans expected great things from both versions, and they certainly delivered! The wait was well worth and much more. It was an amazing improvement from the original Ruby/Sapphire, with added features such as the dexnav, riding in the Sky with Latias/Latios, as well as brand new mega's and the return of secret bases. ^.^

Reactions: Ninja-Patty and thebeastamar
For me, it's a tie between Pokémon AS (don't worry, I'm not hating you, OR users) and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Pokémon AS because I never played Ruby/Sapphire (though I found a Ruby cartridge on the ground while walking today), and Super Smash Bros because.... It's Smash, and it has online multiplayer.

But I'm not done yet with games, as I'm getting Persona Q on Christmas (thanks Atlus for releasing it here), and sincerely, it looks promising.

As for the Indie Games, I'd pick Fairune. It's my first time playing a Circle Entertainment game, and I wasn't disappointed.
It has a nice retro feel, and I'm really loving it.

Reactions: 18
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I say. It was altogether perfect and one of the most enjoyable platformers I've ever played.
I think @Spinnerweb would suggest Demon King Box... well anyway Circle Entertainment did a good job this year.

Sadly not, although it'd still be in my top 10. The localization was terrible and held the game back from being 10/10 material.

Fantasy life.

I'm kind of surprised there aren't more people saying Bravely Default considering that the game also released during 2014 for NA and EU.

Sadly not, although it'd still be in my top 10. The localization was terrible and held the game back from being 10/10 material.
Circle Entertainment always have problem with localization... maybe in most games :/

Back