Toughest Pokemon League Champion (G1-G6)?

• Thread starter CrazyElf
  • Start date
CrazyElf

CrazyElf

Apart of Santa's Workshop
Towns Folk
Who was the toughest Pokemon League Champion for you? Mine was honestly Cynthia (G4), but only in the D/P games. Platinum was much easier. Anyways, Cynthia was hard for me because of her high leveled Pokemon, the variety of types and moves, and just because of her Pokemon. It took me 3 tries to beat her with my high leveled Pokemon (level 60-70). Anyways, who was the toughest Pokemon League Champion in your opinion?

Cynthia followed by Blue, they were tough especially because they didn't focus on one kind of Pokémon type which I liked, and actually had strong teams (more so for Cynthia).

Reactions: CrazyElf
Cynthia in Gen 4 was the hardest. When I did the rematch against her, I barely won with just Giritina. Her Garchomp practically killed my entire party.

Cynthia in Gen 4 was the hardest. When I did the rematch against her, I barely won with just Giritina. Her Garchomp practically killed my entire party.
Lol. Cynthia is the best but deep inside they are all wimps. For beginners they are tough but Gen 4 is probably the hardest (even for speedruns I bet.)

Cynthia followed by Blue, they were tough especially because they didn't focus on one kind of Pokémon type which I liked, and actually had strong teams (more so for Cynthia).
That's true. They were quite tough with the variety of types and Pokemon they had. Also, their Pokemon were pretty high leveled, compared to the other champions. I had trouble fighting both Champions because of the variety of types, and moves.

Lance because he has 2 Dragonites! Their just a pain and even my Lugia couldn't handle them. I would get frustrated so much because of it. Gyarados, charizard, Aerodactol, dragonite. Dragonite :(

That's true. They were quite tough with the variety of types and Pokemon they had. Also, their Pokemon were pretty high leveled, compared to the other champions. I had trouble fighting both Champions because of the variety of types, and moves.

Yes, which is why more champions should be like that because they're champions. You shouldn't be able to sweep them just because you have a couple of Pokémon that can deal super effective damage to them together, plus it sets them apart from Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.

Yes, which is why more champions should be like that because they're champions. You shouldn't be able to sweep them just because you have a couple of Pokémon that can deal super effective damage to them together, plus it sets them apart from Gym Leaders and the Elite Four.
Main reason why Stephen was a pushover. His Pokemon were weak to Water, Fire, and Fighting which happens to be what the Ice and Dark type members before him are weak to. This is probably why Stephen was replaced in Emerald with Wallace.

Lance because he has 2 Dragonites! Their just a pain and even my Lugia couldn't handle them. I would get frustrated so much because of it. Gyarados, charizard, Aerodactol, dragonite. Dragonite :(
IMO, Lance wasn't a challenge to me. Since he focuses on Dragon-types, I easily just got a Ice-type to sweep the entire team which was pretty boring.

Main reason why Stephen was a pushover. His Pokemon were weak to Water, Fire, and Fighting which happens to be what the Ice and Dark type members before him are weak to. This is probably why Stephen was replaced in Emerald with Wallace.

I doubt it because the swap didn't really do anything. Wallace's Pokémon were weak to Bug/Poison, Ground, Electric, Rock, Psychic, and Grass, which is what the Ice and Dark type members before him are weak to. Plus you only needed three types (eg. Grass, Electric and Bug) to beat him easily.

IMO, Lance wasn't a challenge to me. Since he focuses on Dragon-types, I easily just got a Ice-type to sweep the entire team which was pretty boring.
Even in HG/SS he had a constant weakness to Rock and Ice. We need better challenges Game Freak!
I doubt it because the swap didn't really do anything. Wallace's Pokémon were weak to Bug/Poison, Ground, Electric, Rock, Psychic, and Grass, which is what the Ice and Dark type members before him are weak to. Plus you only needed three types (eg. Grass, Electric and Bug) to beat him easily.
Well I figured. Did I mention Diantha was a pushover too? Weak to Ghost, Ice, and physical attacks from Mega Blaziken.

Cynthia was definitely the hardest champion. I barely used to make it alive to her Garchomp and then poof. I can't really think of anyone else. Lance was really easy because all you needed was an Ice or Dragon Pokemon and just sweep. The Pokemon X champion was ridiculously easy, the battle was over in a minute without any of my Pokemon fainting. A lot of these Pokemon champions should've been harder. After all, they are supposed to be the best trainers in the entire region. At least 10 levels higher than Elite Four and mixed types should be a standard for all future Champions.

Back