Gen 2 Trading in Gen 2 Virtual Console

• Thread starter pokerus
  • Start date

Should Pokemon VC have online trading features?

• No, I'm fine with the local wireless features currently available.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, doesn't matter much either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pokerus

pokerus

Helpful Virus
Towns Folk
So I know that they made it so trading in virtual console can be done wirelessly, but what about people who don't have a friend nearby who has a Gen 2 game on 3DS? There is no way for me to get a Gengar because I have no one I can (locally) trade with. One option would be to get a second 3DS and buy another Gen 2 game on it but I'm not willing to spend all that money just to evolve. Then there's transferring it to USUM, and then I could evolve it because I have siblings who have a copy of that game, but then it's not like I can send it back to Gen 2 after that.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you think Nintendo should've added online trading via the 3DS friend list? I think they should have, but I get they were probably trying to stick to the "local" fashion that the games used to have with a link cable on Gameboy. Or they're just trying to take my money. Probably both.

Yeah, you're pretty much out of luck there, unfortunately. I think it would've taken too much work for the price of the game, honestly. There are usually Pokemon Leagues you can try out locally, see if anyone has VC there, if you want to try your luck, though. You could also try asking around at school if you go to a public one. Or college, lots of college aged kids play Pokemon these days, haha.

Reactions: Duffy and pokerus
Yeah, I'm surprised we even got wireless trading. Nintendo usually just dumps roms of their games on VC without changing them to save time. If you really want that gengar/ to complete your dex I'd recommend looking into glitches

Yeah, I'm surprised we even got wireless trading. Nintendo usually just dumps roms of their games on VC without changing them to save time. If you really want that gengar/ to complete your dex I'd recommend looking into glitches
That's true. There are a fair amount of glitches in those games. I'm gonna do some searching around to see if anything glitch-wise can help me.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2 and Duffy
Back