Trials of Mana

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Trials of Mana is set for an April 24th release this year and a free demo is now available on the Nintendo Switch. It's an action RPG where you can pick a main character and two companions out of several characters. I'm sure many of you have heard about Secret of Mana. Well, this is its sequel.

Trials of Mana Trailer:

I've played a bit of the demo and it's a lot of fun so far. The combat feels smooth and I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I'm just getting a bit exhausted of running away from enemies. I can't just avoid them; I got to wait a specific time before I can break out of their sight.

I like how you can play your companions' past too. I assume you'd have to play the beginning to get it if it wasn't a thing.

Anyway, what do you guys think about Trials of Mana from what you've seen and played so far?

Reactions: Dagon_Lovecraft
I hope there's a multiplayer option. Not that I'd use it but games of the past like KH: 365/2 used it if I read it correctly. Although the screen would have to split. If the combat is varied and more responsive than say a game like Dauntless would this be worth it? Not for me sorry. It gives me some DQ vibes.

i will play the demo when the release date gets closer, , if i play it now i will suffer because i will have to wait
i guess that by that time the coronavirus issue will be mostly solved so it dont think i will have problems to get my copy

After 4 hours playing the full game (+2 of playing the demo) I can say the game is a great action jrpg. The story feels very 90s but in good way.
Now, I haven't played the original one enough to compare it (just a couple of hours doing Angela's story) but this is a massive full-on remake.
The artsyle, combat, everything feels polished and with a lot of love put into it.

The world is beautiful, with towns, forests, caves, etc etc... And depending if you explore during the day or at night, you'll get different NPCs, monsters, or even treasures.

I also like that when you get new or different weapons, the model changes it (like in DQXIS) and when u get new classes you can change how your character looks too, those details and additions are more than welcome.

My only little annoyance with the game is the English voice acting, sometimes it feels like they are not even trying to match the feelings of the characters and is just a bit... Flat. But you can change to Japanese VA.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_155744.jpg
    IMG_20200425_155744.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200425_155742.jpg
    IMG_20200425_155742.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Dagon_Lovecraft
I played the original,and this is an absolute beauty,I'm on the new game plus,my first run was with Hawkeye,Riesz and Angela,now I'm like halfway with the other trio,Duran,Kevin and Charlotte,the interactions between the characters are really good,s you can at least play this game more than 3 times,almost diggin like 50 hours in it.
There are some frame stutters when there to many enemies or the action gets to sparkly,and the english dub...well it up to your tastes jajajaja.
This game isa must have forthose nostalgia fans,and for those new,well is a great way to introduce you to a classic in the most fashionist way

Back