Mario Maker "truly" impossible courses ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so i remember playing super mario maker a while back and choosing easy in 100 mario challenge just because i wanted to relax at the time, and i found some levels that seemed impossible, like the goal was right there but boxed in in way that would make hitting it impossible (trapped in unbreakable walls and such), i jumped around to look for hidden blocks as well since i know people like to hide secrets sometimes, but that was no good either. is this some kind of 'hacked' upload, or was it some kind of deliberate glitch level but now impossible due to being patched at a later time? ive run into this numerous times (even on easy) and there doesnt seem to be any way to get through and finish, any ideas on what this mightve been or is?

There is most likely still some glitch levels that are impossible because the glitch to beat it got patched. Some levels are just terribly designed by requiring certain exact movements that only the maker of the level could know.

There is most likely still some glitch levels that are impossible because the glitch to beat it got patched. Some levels are just terribly designed by requiring certain exact movements that only the maker of the level could know.
Yeah thats true aside from glitch levels, people do make it so that you have to pull off certain techniques in order to get through the stage (which i believe have an unfortunate reputation for being extremely difficult) that are so hard the level should be on expert or super expert, but i guess i see why their filters had these levels on easy (probably organized by a computer if i had to guess so it might get weird at times) even so >.<

Yeah thats true aside from glitch levels, people do make it so that you have to pull off certain techniques in order to get through the stage (which i believe have an unfortunate reputation for being extremely difficult) that are so hard the level should be on expert or super expert, but i guess i see why their filters had these levels on easy (probably organized by a computer if i had to guess so it might get weird at times) even so >.<
Wait, this was on easy? That is very difficult to achieve due to how the system works. The system decides based on completion percentage. If close to 100% that play it beat it, its easy. If close to 60%, normal, if below 30% hard, if below 5% expert, and below 0.1 percent super expert (these are just guesses.)

Wait, this was on easy? That is very difficult to achieve due to how the system works. The system decides based on completion percentage. If close to 100% that play it beat it, its easy. If close to 60%, normal, if below 30% hard, if below 5% expert, and below 0.1 percent super expert (these are just guesses.)
Yeah it was >.< if i had to guess id probably say it was a glitch level thats no longer beatable but idk since i went into the level maker and couldnt see how to finish the stage (this was a while ago though so i might have just forgotten) i do remember having trouble seeing how the stage was beatable though and do know it was on easy since i ran into this more than once

Reactions: luigiFTW
I actually saw a YouTube video on this, it's possible to make an impossible course.

I actually saw a YouTube video on this, it's possible to make an impossible course.
is it some kind of hack for the game, or just a really bad glitch that left a loophole for something like this? i havent done any google search on mario maker hacks so it could be through that which lets people do this sort of thing.

Back