Turn-based Tactical RPG Ikenfell set to launch October 8 for Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Humble Games and Happy Ray Games today revealed that they're bringing the turn-based tactical RPG, Ikenfell, to the Nintendo Switch on October 8th, 2020. The game is about a group of troublesome magic students.

EgjPgkgVoAAC_dd

During the game, you can explore the twisted halls of a magic school. Harry Potter vibes @ Sky :eyes2:

You must use timing mechanics to power your spells while also managing to block attacks. The game is said to have challenging monsters and bosses, and dark secrets that are never meant to be found :sneaky:

Ikenfell Trailer:

More features:
  • A heartwarming and twist-filled story about friendship, trust, love and loss
  • 3 students in battle, from a total of 6, each with unique powers and strengths
  • 48 unique spells: blast your enemies, knock them back, poison them, or heal and buff your allies. There is no “MP”… spells are about skill and strategy! Each with its own timing to master
  • 100+ enemies to battle: spirits, myths, monsters… even students and teachers! Learn their tricks and traps, and master the timing of their attacks to overcome them
  • 22 challenging bosses who will push your strategy and timing to the limit
  • Hundreds of items to discover: wands, hats, cloaks, rings, and magical artifacts. Secret treasure is hidden everywhere, and every item you find helps you fight against the powers threatening you.
  • Explore a vast school of magic: the dorms, alchemy labs, astronomy tower, twilight yard, and a dozen more mysterious and magical locations
  • Beautiful soundtrack from the composers behind Steven Universe
  • Cats. Everywhere.

The music is nice.
The art style is cute.
The gameplay kinda looks interesting.

What are your thoughts on Ikenfell so far? :eyes:

Reactions: Mizunil
It looks cute and quirky. A bit more graphically simple than I was expecting from the cover art, but the gameplay looks solid enough. Certainly seems like it’s complex too with all those spells and enemy types.

It gives me vibes from the Alphadream Mario spin-off series, looks like it might be fun!

Reactions: Jisenku
Definite EarthBound vibes during the walking scenes. The art style also reminds me of Fairune.

I love magic, spells, and girls, so this game seems like one I would really like. :D Collecting stuff is also really fun.

...Wait, no MP??? HELL YEAH!!

Did I just read @BlueJ Stephen Universe's composer in the desc?

I wish with a game that is timing based it would have higher resolution/more detailed graphics. That might be a big let down if I always get the timing wrong when attacking or defending. I like the overworld though. I doubt the story has the depth I would want but I could be mistaken.

Did I just read @BlueJ Stephen Universe's composer in the desc?

I wish with a game that is timing based it would have higher resolution/more detailed graphics. That might be a big let down if I always get the timing wrong when attacking or defending. I like the overworld though. I doubt the story has the depth I would want but I could be mistaken.
WHO HAS SUMMONED ME?!

Also, I need context, I often forget what I post

WHO HAS SUMMONED ME?!

Also, I need context, I often forget what I post
What I just said. It's in Marc's expanded features description that I can't quote. Do you like the music of Stephen Universe? Did you like Stronger Than You? (we can talk about it in a PM if it gets off topic) :P

Back