AC:NL Turnip Price Patterns?

• Thread starter McQwerty333
  • Start date
McQwerty333

McQwerty333

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Sooooo.... i've been stalking the market lately(horrible pun i know XD) and i must say, i can never know when im going to get a decreasing one and loose my precious bells. Anyone know any tips on how to decide wether to invest in a week or not? Thnx=^^=

Reactions: 3823
Here's a tip: When looking at stock turnip prices, check the price every week for, say, 5 weeks and record it. If the graph looks like it's going up, then buy a lot of turnips. If you keep recording the data, and the stock turnip prices look like they're going down, sell your turnips before the market crashes, or you're going to lose bells. The same works for the real-life stock market too, except in real life there are graphs that can tell you if the stock id about to go up without you having to do any math. Basically, I suggest using your data collection skills to find trends in the data. Here are a few examples of scenarios to help you underatand, because I know it sounds complicated:

Here's a tip: When looking at stock turnip prices, check the price every week for, say, 5 weeks and record it. If the graph looks like it's going up, then buy a lot of turnips. If you keep recording the data, and the stock turnip prices look like they're going down, sell your turnips before the market crashes, or you're going to lose bells. The same works for the real-life stock market too, except in real life there are graphs that can tell you if the stock id about to go up without you having to do any math. Basically, I suggest using your data collection skills to find trends in the data. Here are a few examples of scenarios to help you underatand, because I know it sounds complicated:
Thanks, I'll definitly do that. And as for the real life stock market prices, well as you may or may not know, the space time contiminium is broken, so if i end up in the future, i ll just check the stocks then.

Here are a few examples of scenarios to help you understand, because I know it sounds complicated:
So, you've been collecting data on the stock turnip prices for 8 weeks, and here's what your table looks like:

Week 1: 10 Bells Week 5: 18 Bells
Week 2: 12 Bells Week 6: 11 Bells
Week 3: 15 Bells Week 7: 9 Bells
Week 4: 20 Bells Week 8(this week): 13 Bells

So, The price started at 10 Bells, then went up to 25 Bells by Week 5. It crashed to 9 Bells by week 7 and now the price is up to 13 Bells. Based on this data, what should you do?
  1. Wait until the price goes lower. You don't need to pay that much.
  2. Buy as much as you can. The price is about to skyrocket!
  3. Buy a few turnips. The price might go up, but you don't want to waste Bells.
The correct answer is 2. The price at week 1 was 10 Bells, then it started on an upward trend leading to a price of 20 Bells in Week 4. The prices doubled, and you would have made twice as much money as you paid. Now, the prices went back down to 13 Bells. Chances are, they're going to jump up to around 20 to 26 Bells, which means the prices will double again.
Okay, now you have collected data for 8 more weeks. Here's your data now:

Week 1: 10 Bells Week 9: 17 Bells
Week 2: 12 Bells Week 10: 23 Bells
Week 3: 15 Bells Week 11: 16 Bells
Week 4: 20 Bells Week 12: 30 Bells
Week 5: 18 Bells Week 13: 24 Bells
Week 6: 11 Bells Week 14: 18 Bells
Week 7: 9 Bells Week 15: 14 Bells
Week 8: 13 Bells Week 16(this week): 19 Bells

You were right! The price of turnips almost doubled, and you sold your turnips at 23 Bells and made 10 Bells per turnip. After the prices went down to 16 Bells in Week 11, they went all the way up to 30 Bells in Week 12. You weren't expecting that! Now the price rests at 19 Bells. What do you do?

This one was quite a bit tougher, but the answer is 3. Your data shows a graph that looks somewhat like this:
sN4Oy6

The green arrows are rises in stockturnip prices, and the red ones are drops in turnip prices. The yellow arrow is a prediction about what will happen to the stocks next week. This shows that, while the prices are about to go up, they probably aren't going to go up by much. You could invest more money into these turnips, but you probably won't get that much profit. However, something is better than nothing, so you might as well invest

I hope my little tutorial helped you, tell me if you make bells from turnips the next time you use this method! :D

So, you've been collecting data on the stock turnip prices for 8 weeks, and here's what your table looks like:

Week 1: 10 Bells Week 5: 18 Bells
Week 2: 12 Bells Week 6: 11 Bells
Week 3: 15 Bells Week 7: 9 Bells
Week 4: 20 Bells Week 8(this week): 13 Bells

So, The price started at 10 Bells, then went up to 25 Bells by Week 5. It crashed to 9 Bells by week 7 and now the price is up to 13 Bells. Based on this data, what should you do?
The correct answer is 2. The price at week 1 was 10 Bells, then it started on an upward trend leading to a price of 20 Bells in Week 4. The prices doubled, and you would have made twice as much money as you paid. Now, the prices went back down to 13 Bells. Chances are, they're going to jump up to around 20 to 26 Bells, which means the prices will double again.
Okay, now you have collected data for 8 more weeks. Here's your data now:

Week 1: 10 Bells Week 9: 17 Bells
Week 2: 12 Bells Week 10: 23 Bells
Week 3: 15 Bells Week 11: 16 Bells
Week 4: 20 Bells Week 12: 30 Bells
Week 5: 18 Bells Week 13: 24 Bells
Week 6: 11 Bells Week 14: 18 Bells
Week 7: 9 Bells Week 15: 14 Bells
Week 8: 13 Bells Week 16(this week): 19 Bells

You were right! The price of turnips almost doubled, and you sold your turnips at 23 Bells and made 10 Bells per turnip. After the prices went down to 16 Bells in Week 11, they went all the way up to 30 Bells in Week 12. You weren't expecting that! Now the price rests at 19 Bells. What do you do?

This one was quite a bit tougher, but the answer is 3. Your data shows a graph that looks somewhat like this:
sN4Oy6

The green arrows are rises in stockturnip prices, and the red ones are drops in turnip prices. The yellow arrow is a prediction about what will happen to the stocks next week. This shows that, while the prices are about to go up, they probably aren't going to go up by much. You could invest more money into these turnips, but you probably won't get that much profit. However, something is better than nothing, so you might as well invest

I hope my little tutorial helped you, tell me if you make bells from turnips the next time you use this method! :D
It definitlely did help me, thanks a lot for that example. I'm probably going to just buy lots when i see a big spike pattern, and I'll probably also try to earn money from oranges, gems in fake rocks, money rocks, and fossils that i've already donated. if you know of a terrific way for a beginner to get money, tell me. but be aware, that i still dont have 100 percent approval rating yet.

I'd say the best way to earn quick money in AC is to empty your inventory and just shake all the fruit off of the trees then just sell it all. I'm not sure whether to sell it to Retail or Nookling Junction, I don't have AC: NL, and I'm pretty sure that Retail doesn't take fruit, but I really don't know. You can store letters and add your tools as presents so you have quick access to them.

Turnip prices ? Interesting. First of all, I'd like to tell you that they're many people on this Forum that have ACNL, so don't be afraid to ask them their turnip price for today/next time you want to buy turnips.

Next, http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

This link should help you identify the current pattern in your town. It helped me a lot. >.<

If you're getting into the turnip market I HIGHLY advise you check this site out:http://www.reddit.com/r/acturnips
You have to make an account but it is SO worth it. There is a decreasing pattern where the turnip price is high at the start and decreases later on. There is a spike one where prices stay normal then shoot up once in the week really high, and the random pattern where there is no trend. The turnip market on reddit got me over 30 mill bells and you should really check it out if you are getting into the turnip market :D!

I have always found things like this interesting. Though I will never find myself selling stocks for a living, I find it interesting to watch prices of various things decline and then increase within minutes, sometimes even seconds. It was also fun to see this in New Leaf, with the Turnips, though I've never really gotten invested in the turnip market.

Back