Twitch Interested in working with Handhelds [3ds]

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

“The company has recently moved into mobile and is looking at the Vita and 3DS as well,” GamesIndustry reports.
twitchtv.jpg
To begin with:
Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers with more than 45 million visitors per month. We want to connect gamers around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat from everywhere they play.

According to COO Kevin Lin, Twitch “definitely” wants to pursue handhelds. Viewing apps is one of the first things that will be explored:
“Handhelds. That’s something we’d love to do. On handhelds it’s more of a server/CPU concern, but we definitely want to do it. We want to build viewing apps, that’s much less CPU intensive than broadcasting.”

Let me know what you think! I'm still not sure how it will all work out on the 3DS, if you can only stream Nintendo related games, I don't know, but I think this app would be awesome for the 3DS :woot: !

Reactions: 18
I'd be more interested in them getting it on Wii U and PS Vita honestly. I can't imagine the quality it'd be on 3DS ._.

Didn't Google buy Twitch? Or was that just a rumor? Honestly, if they already did it, Google is probably the one that wants the app on handhelds.

I'd prolly just use the app to watch streams of league or dota 2. Wouldn't really stream anything.

It would be cool if that happened, but I can't see myself using it regularly.

Of course, I'll probably get locked out anyway due to my region/I.P. like with Nintendo Video :cry:

Oh my, if you could stream what you do while playing... That would be damn freaking awesome ! I mean, that's one of the things that the 3DS is lacking, right ? So, if they could do it, capture cards or *insert 3DS recording tool here* wouldn't be required, and that would be so awesome :D!

that would be cool. i am not sure how much i would use it though i use youtube more . but if they put it on 3ds i would get it just for fun.

Oh my, if you could stream what you do while playing... That would be damn freaking awesome ! I mean, that's one of the things that the 3DS is lacking, right ? So, if they could do it, capture cards or *insert 3DS recording tool here* wouldn't be required, and that would be so awesome :D!
I don't think that would be possible :panda:

The 3DS can only do one app/game at a time; this apps use seems to be to let us watch streams of games on our 3DS at best. :bag:

It would be really great if something like that happened, we could do 3DS Pedia Live Streams :D since they only give capture cards for 3DS games to GameSpot and IGN and other big-n-rich companies :cry:

Reactions: D4rkDragon and 3dsatackman
It would be really great if something like that happened, we could do 3DS Pedia Live Streams :D since they only give capture cards for 3DS games to GameSpot and IGN and other big-n-rich companies :cry:
That's not necessarily true:
http://3dscapture.com/
Plenty of time ago this guy cam up with this capture card, there is some other sites selling them too, they even assemble everything for you if you send your 3ds to them. That's how the majority of Let's Players capture 3DS footage.

Cool but is it for the graphic or about the sound?

Cool but is it for the graphic or about the sound?
The capture card is used to capture video. But it also comes with an audio cable that is used to capture the audio, those cables are kinda common though, they look like this:
15m-35mm-Male-to-35mm-Male-Audio-Cable-Black_320x320.jpg

I am quite interested of how it will turn out.

But I wonder how will the quality of the streams will hold up in a 3DS.

Well, As long as the Twitch App doesn't kick me back to my 3DS menu like how the YouTube 3DS did, This app shall be perfect for late night viewings of Vinesauce on my bed. :rotfl:

I think Twitch viewing app would be awesome. They also have a viewing app for the Xbox 360 and I enjoy it a lot when I'm bored. Lol, watching other people game is fun sometimes.

I would use it more than youtube if it had a way to maybe upload game footage (doubt it though). However, I really like Twitch for the hundreds of live game broadcasts going on at a time, so I might tune in to watch some gameplay of my favorite games (Planetside 2, SSB 4 if it ever happens).

Hmm! that would be great! I would love to eithe3r do my first stream on my 3DS using the potential Twitch app, or leave my 3DS on, so I would drain days of my life watching Twitch Plays Pokemon! Nah, doing the latter would be impossible, that and my internet connection might drop during the process, which will thankfully wake me up from the Twitch trance. XD

But what will happen since Amazon bought Twitch? o_O

Back