Uh oh...

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
Catstew

Catstew

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
So a while back, a couple months ago, I said that I don't care for anime and I probably never will.

Then I saw this kid-anime thing called "Doraemon", It was kind of interesting, so I started to watch it.

Then Toonami commercials started to come up, Attack on Titan and this other one (Had to do with some mining machine thing).

I think I'm starting to like anime. Don't know if that's good or not. :whistle:

Reactions: Marc
Nice!

I'm not the biggest otaku (nasty word, I know) out there, but I'm just going to go ahead and recommend Death Note to you. Only if you like dark psychological stories. Fantastic anime.

Don't know if that's good or not. :whistle:
It isn't bad.

Attack on Titan is a great anime and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Once you're done with the anime on your list and you wish to continue watching more anime, you should consider checking out Sword Art Online, Death Note (it's the anime that got me into anime / BjFauble already suggested it), Fate/Stay Night and Kaze no Stigma.

^ They're all English dubbed if you were wondering (from what I know, I think you'll prefer to start off with English dub).

Reactions: Neofang64
Doraemon is despicable, but if it introduced you to anime then yippee. Welcome to the family :cat:

The above recommendations are A+. If you want a horror anime, Higurashi: When They Cry is what I'd recommend :sneaky:

Reactions: dwikrid and Neofang64
It isn't bad.

Attack on Titan is a great anime and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Once you're done with the anime on your list and you wish to continue watching more anime, you should consider checking out Sword Art Online, Death Note (it's the anime that got me into anime / BjFauble already suggested it), Fate/Stay Night and Kaze no Stigma.

^ They're all English dubbed if you were wondering (from what I know, I think you'll prefer to start off with English dub).

Isnt Attack On Titan supposed to be a horror anime?

Nope, it's action :

It's action. It's just really Gory sometimes.~

@Spinnerweb you should read Higurashi visual novel (the raw version). Well the character designs Ryukishi07 draw isn't as good as they are in the anime adaptation, but the sound and the story is more deep. Sonozaki question and answer arc in the anime is a bit bad, roughly adapted. (But yes, I enjoy watching the anime)

If you are patient enough, MangaGamer is going to rerelease the visual novel with redrawn characters.

Anyway, if you guys need comedy, try Daily Lives of High School Boys X3

Reactions: 18
Doraemon is despicable, but if it introduced you to anime then yippee. Welcome to the family :cat:

The above recommendations are A+. If you want a horror anime, Higurashi: When They Cry is what I'd recommend :sneaky:
Doraemon also introduced me to the anime world. Since then, I have watched a few Pokemon episodes. I expect to start watching Attack on Titan and Death Note sometime soon.

@Spinnerweb you should read Higurashi visual novel (the raw version). Well the character designs Ryukishi07 draw isn't as good as they are in the anime adaptation, but the sound and the story is more deep. Sonozaki question and answer arc in the anime is a bit bad, roughly adapted. (But yes, I enjoy watching the anime)

If you are patient enough, MangaGamer is going to rerelease the visual novel with redrawn characters.

Anyway, if you guys need comedy, try Daily Lives of High School Boys X3
Thanks for the recommendation :) I adore visual novels :D Is it passive (no decisions, just reading) or are there decisions on the player's part in it?

@Catstew While it's shoujo-romance and I don't know if that's your thing, Vampire Knight is a great anime so I'll just recommend it :oops:

Doraemon also introduced me to the anime world. Since then, I have watched a few Pokemon episodes. I expect to start watching Attack on Titan and Death Note sometime soon.
Haha, yeah, it's one of the few animes they show on 'normal' cartoon channels in Pakistan so that's to be expected. With that terrible Urdu dubbing: 'Sabak sekhai Doraemon..." "Mujhe maloom hai main bekar hoon!" It's hilariously awful. :hilarious: Dubs are awful. :panda:

@Spinnerweb no input in Higurashi visual novel, so it's completely reading. The other realm, Umineko (Ryukishi07's another epic psychological thriller) visual novel uses such feature... Toward the final moment.

alot of people are nah to anime until they see their first. the biggest issue is explaining it not like cartoons. animes are more simuliar to tv series then cartoons . i first started with anime in the 90's i remember my dad watching. my dad being in the navy was normally in asian countries during deployment. he come home and watch those shows. i cant remember the name to half of them though. the first anime i clearly remember was actually zoids new century

Back