UK Gamer Takes The Joycon Drift To Court

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
This Joy-Con repair program was exactly what one Reddit user was attempting to use before they ended up filing suit against Nintendo. Reddit user crownshots explained in a post about how they had sent in their Joy-Cons to have their drifting issue fixed twice with each taking over a month to be sent back, they then requested a partial refund from Nintendo.

However, the person they spoke to stated that refunds were not possible and that repairs were their only option. After crownshots seemed to inform the Nintendo employee that this didn't make sense and was illegal, the Nintendo employee then told them to seek legal action and hung up. With this curt response in mind, crownshots followed the employee's advice and opened a case with a small claims court. Despite Nintendo not responding to the claim until after the allotted 21 days, the company then reached out and gave crownshots instructions on how they could claim their refund.

cMhW3aX.jpeg

OtSlEpx.jpeg

Source: https://gamerant.com/nintendo-joy-con-drift-lawsuit/

Finally someone who is taking action over the Joycon drifts, this gamer sues Nintendo and actually won! What do u guys think about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AricAttack and Traidable
Well, I feel it's weird that Nintendo has not even acknowledged it.
While they are replacing them for free, they need to explain it and try to fix it.
ESPECIALLY when they release the Lite, where you can't even replace the Joy-Cons.

Reactions: Mizunil and phofufury
Where's the gamertag of this fellow gamer? :eyes:

Also nice. I would pay a pretty penny for some improved JCs on the holidays (jk both still haven't drifted).

Reactions: phofufury and AricAttack
It's about time honestly.

Reactions: phofufury
I mean, they kinda had it coming by using the most fragile materials I have seen on a 1st party controller. They feel great, but the insides can get a little jumbled. currently I have 3 issues spread across my 4 joy-con. Issues with the Rumble, the SL/SR Strip, and when I shake my controller, I can feel something inside also shaking and bumping on things.

I mean, they kinda had it coming by using the most fragile materials I have seen on a 1st party controller. They feel great, but the insides can get a little jumbled. currently I have 3 issues spread across my 4 joy-con. Issues with the Rumble, the SL/SR Strip, and when I shake my controller, I can feel something inside also shaking and bumping on things.
For realz.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows and phofufury
This just means that we can now sue Nintendo again in the US courts

YEAAAAA

This just means that we can now sue Nintendo again in the US courts

YEAAAAA
lol

Well, I feel it's weird that Nintendo has not even acknowledged it.
While they are replacing them for free, they need to explain it and try to fix it.
ESPECIALLY when they release the Lite, where you can't even replace the Joy-Cons.
Thats what sux bout the Lite.......cant replace it and they dont fix the drift.....

Reactions: Jisenku
lol

Thats what sux bout the Lite.......cant replace it and they dont fix the drift.....
The Switch Lite is a scam anyway.

I mean, the Switch Lite is objectively inferior, but at least it's 100 dollars off.

It's not bad, I only got it cuz I already have an Xbox, and I have no need for it to be on tv, also I convinced my mom to get it for me on my bday since it was a 100 dollars cheaper. Tho in the future I may upgrade to a regular Switch

Back