Ultimate Prank Tool

• Thread starter Megalegacy98
  • Start date
Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Do you like pranking people? If so, chances are you've seen those fake viruses on Youtube. They're decent but not very funny, plus it can be easier to tell if it's a prank.

I decided to go one step further. I created a tool that lets you connect to whoever over the network with TCP sockets and prank the heck out of them.

Here's a demonstration (2 commands featured):

What you can do:

• Type keys
  • Create message boxes
  • Open the CD slot
  • Turn off the monitor
Planned:

• Change desktop background
  • Create process
  • other?
So, how do you use it?

Well, here's what you'll need:

• ngrok
  • Your computer (Windows/Mac/Linux)
  • Someone else's computer (Windows ONLY)
  • Some way to transfer the client to the victim (USB/SD, or network if you want)
  • Basic computer knowledge
  • The tool
THIS IS ONLY FOR FUN, you can't do stuff like take a picture of the person from the webcam or log their keystrokes or something.

OK, let's begin:

1. Create an ngrok account.

Ngrok is a tool that exposes local servers to the internet, kind of like port forwarding. We need this step because it makes connecting to your computer easier. For example, what if you two are on different connections (that you can't edit so it can port forward)? Ngrok fixes that problem. All you need is the port (which ngrok gives you) because it always uses the same IP.

First, download the program with the orange button. After you download it, extract it and go back to the home page and click "Sign up". You'll need to sign up for an account because we're using TCP to connect, and ngrok needs you to sign up in order to use TCP.

Once you sign up, click the "Auth" tab and copy the token:
ede78add1df644bb940560945ef27209.png

Now,

Windows: Go to the directory that you have ngrok in. Shift + Right-click in that folder, and click "Open command window here". Type: "ngrok authtoken <your auth token>" and paste in your auth token, then run it.

Mac/Linux: cd to the directory you kept ngrok in and type "./ngrok authtoken <your auth token>" and paste in your auth token, then run it.

Now just type in "ngrok tcp 9999" if you're on Windows or "./ngrok tcp 9999" if you're on Mac or Linux (make sure you enable "Allow executing file as program" by going right-clicking the file, going to Properties, going to Permissions, and checking "Allow executing file as program"). After you run that, you should get something like this:

eae8f95a1863436dbcb4da6266bc402a.png

If that's what you get, congratulations! Now we can move on the next step. DO NOT CLOSE IT! We need it to be open so it can accept connections.

2. Preparing Server and Client

Download the program from the link above, extract it, and go to folder named "Win_Server" if on Windows, "Mac_Server" if on Mac, and "Linux_Server" if on Linux. Run the program inside the folder through Terminal/CMD. Then, copy the folder named "Client" to the victim's computer, and hide that folder in another folder they don't look at. Go in the folder, shift-right click inside the folder and click "Open command window here". Then, type in "Client <port number>". The port number is the series of numbers between "0.tcp.ngrok.io:" and "->":

d8673bff58284919ad464cae6c5d7e28.png

In my case, it's 17356. So I would type: "Client 17356". Now close CMD, as it should be running in the background. Time for the next step.

3. The fun stuff!

After you run the Client on the victim, you should see the Server on your computer say "Connected!" Time for the fun stuff.

Commands:

• opencd - Opens CD drive
  • msg 1 2 3| 4] - Makes a message box. 1 is the ID of the icon*, 2 is the ID of what buttons to use**, 3 is what the title of the box says and 4 is the contents of the message.
  • off - Turns the monitor off for 5 seconds.
  • sendkeys 1| - Sends keys over the network, each key with a 100ms interval in between. 1 is the letters/words to send. If you add a '^' anywhere in the message, it equals a press of the Enter key.

*The ID of the icon is a number. Available IDs: INFO - 0, QUESTION - 1, ERRORS - 2, WARNING - 3.
**The ID of the button is a number. Available IDs: OK - 0, OK Cancel - 1, Yes No - 2, Yes No Cancel - 3, Retry Cancel - 4, Abort Retry Ignore - 5

BE CAREFUL WHEN ENTERING COMMANDS! This tool currently has no error handling, so if you mess up you'll have to re-run the Server and Client.

To stop the Client from running in the background, you can do one of two things:

1. Type "exit" on the Server.

or

2. Read the "README" in the Client folder for instructions on the second way.

Even though this does no harm, make sure to tell the person at the end that they are being pranked!

Thanks for reading! If you have an issue or have a suggestion, let me know.

Last edited:
Just used it on my sister. She almost cried, but afterwards slapped me once she found out it was a prank.

Wow, I don't know what to say lol. I'm glad my instructions were clear enough, I was a little worried about that.

Back