UnderMine - A Roguelike Action Adventure RPG for Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
UnderMine is a roguelike ARPG where you can mine gold, die, upgrade, and try again. The game is said to have hundreds of items which includes relics, potions, blessings, and curses. You'll be able to rescue helpful characters and challenge dangerous bosses :monkey:

UnderMine is set to release on the Nintendo Switch on February 11th, 2021. The game first launched on August 2020 for other consoles and PC. Apparently it's been getting positive feedback too.

UnderMine Trailer:

Key features:
  • Build Item Combos – Discover relics, potions, prayers, blessings, and even curses to forge that perfect run. Watch as items pop off and combo with one another to make a god peasant of destruction.
  • Rescue Characters – Discover friendly (and some unfriendly) characters in need of rescue. After returning them safe to the mine’s hub they will offer powerful upgrades that can be used from run to run.
  • Discover Secrets – Explore every nook and cranny to discover hundreds of secrets. New relics, potions, characters, and story bits lay behind the statues, rocks, and walls of each floor.
  • Deadly Bosses – Each area of the UnderMine contains one (or more!) deadly boss that will test planning, patience, strategy, and skill. Prepare well, because a test awaits!

I like how they included the Nintendo Switch as a collectable item :eek:

What do you think?

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Me thinking this is a weird Undertale remake

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak
UnderMine is a roguelike ARPG where you can mine gold, die, upgrade, and try again. The game is said to have hundreds of items which includes relics, potions, blessings, and curses. You'll be able to rescue helpful characters and challenge dangerous bosses :monkey:

UnderMine is set to release on the Nintendo Switch on February 11th, 2021. The game first launched on August 2020 for other consoles and PC. Apparently it's been getting positive feedback too.

UnderMine Trailer:

Key features:

What do you think?
this looks really cool! I'm really into roguelike rpgs! how much will it be?
Me thinking this is a weird Undertale remake
this actually reminds me more of Enter The Gungeon lol

Reactions: Jisenku

UnderMine Trailer:

Key features:

What do you think?
That trailer was so hard to see cuz its small and im on my phone lol. It looks like a fun game. But whats supposed to separate it from the other top down roguelikes? The switch already has a plethora of those so this should have something game-changingly unique to attract more customers.

Reactions: phofufury and Mizunil
This is pretty cool. Not sure I'll pick it up and play, I don't quite have the time and it wouldn't be at the top of my backlog.

Oh hey kid friendly Binding of Isaac. I don't know why but this endless roguelike concept has been done to death. Yeah it looks different and you get different skills and upgrades. What I don't like is how short the trailer is expecting me to want it. Guess I could call the original Legend of Zelda the same thing. If you die you go back to the beginning hopefully with the items you got from the last run. What makes this one different is you might have more attacks or bosses and less puzzles.

Reactions: Deepak
Looks pretty good in general, I’m always a fan of good pixel graphics. I wonder how much of an actually storyline it’ll have, rogue-likes vary a lot with how plot based they are.
But whats supposed to separate it from the other top down roguelikes?
Yeah I’m wondering about this as well. ^

Back