1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

UNDERTALE for Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U Games' started by Samuel_1802, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Samuel_1802

Samuel_1802 Nintendo Mobile Game Junkie Pedia Battle King

Play Coins:
    638 coins
    Some of you may remember it or perhaps none of you do, but a few months back it was rumored that UNDERTALE (yes the name is in all caps, even Toby Fox types it like that :p) could be ported to the Wii U. Toby himself said that it'd be interesting seeing the game on a console, but confirmed that so far there aren't any solid plans on doing so and that the game would need to be coded from scratch (in fact, he said that the porting wouldn't be up to him but to a team that knows Wii U coding and that the task itself is beyond himself). So, so far it's a big mystery! :p

Would you like to see UNDERTALE on Wii U? If you already own the game on PC, would you download it again?
  2. Legendary Jam

Legendary Jam Just Jam Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    79 coins
    I think it would be interesting to have it on Wii U. Nintendo has started putting many PC games on Wii U. Like Freedom Planet, Super Meat Boy, and many others.

So if they were to add UNDERTALE I would understand why. After all the game is very (and I mean VERY) popular. They would be adding a great game to the Wii U.

I think they should add it to the Wii U if they can. :)
  3. Drexofthenorth

Drexofthenorth New Kid on the Block Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    0 coins
  4. Taiiny

Taiiny I ate in the past few minutes Cat Enthusiast

Play Coins:
    25 coins
    I heard the developers who ported Guacamelee volunteered to port UNDERTALE.

First of all, don't care if they do. I can literally run Undertale on any computer and I already own it.

Second, I use my Mayflash adapter to play UNDERTALE with a Gamecube controller, so buying the Wii U version for a better control scheme isn't an excuse for me.

I won't judge, though, if you don't have any access to a laptop, computer, phone (I heard you could play it on one) or own just consoles, and are very interested.

Pretty cool stuff, all in all. Hope it goes through, it's a game that belongs on a Nintendo console. Just not very interested.
  5. oshul

oshul The main oshawott Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    57 coins
    that would be amazing there could be more easter eggs, he could add other charicters add a discount if you already own undertale for pc.
  6. spagooti

spagooti Gonna go play those games, eh? The User of Many Names

Play Coins:
    111 coins
    I think it'd be great on the Wii U, but what would the gamepad be for? And by that, I mean the little screen on it. What would it show? I mean, I understand that if you wanted to play it Mobile-ly then that'd be perfect, but what would it show when you're playing it on the Television?
  7. Kalomaze

Kalomaze somebody Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    16 coins
    Eh. I'm a big fan but If I bought "the wii u version" I would be slammed into the ground with hate
  8. Wariomovie

Wariomovie Wario Monger Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    2,547 coins
    While I would love to see this modern classic on the WiiU or even the Switch, I am no longer such a big fan of the game. It tends to get a bad rep among a good deal of the gaming world, as UNDERTALE is perhaps most famous for having a community that turned toxic, and extremely so, in record time. It is coming to PS4, however...two years late...:dead:
  9. Marcaroni and cheese

Marcaroni and cheese Kraft macaroni

Play Coins:
    8 coins
    Its honestly not gonna happen. Now that the wii u is 'dead', a popular indie game like undertale most likely wont be ported to a system that doesn't even have any more of it being made. I feel that even if it were ported, sales wouldn't be too great, because of the wii u's sales. Most people have a pc anyways, and undertale doesn't require your pc to have good specs.
  10. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector The Hero in Green Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    428 coins
    Not to the Wii U. Hopefully it will get to the Switch.
  11. Aura_Knight394

Aura_Knight394 Captain of the S.S. Clark

Play Coins:
    175 coins