Unsigned Code Running On The Nintendo 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
smea said:
In this video I show unsigned code running on my 4.5 3DS. I'm certainly not the first to have achieved this, and I hope I won't be the last.

If this is real (it looks real), I hope that he does not publish the information on the Internet.

The 3DS has been immune to homebrew for a longer time than most consoles. There is, I believe, a hack device that makes it region free now (sounds too much trouble to me), but only that and running DS games on flash cartridges that get blocked with every new firmware update is the only departments where it's been hacked.

I hope he doesn't publish the information either because if it results in a way for piracy then a lot of great games won't be localized on the 3DS.

Reactions: Marc
That looks real, and also those are really bad news...

Well, of course, that doesn't mean the death of the 3DS, but yes about physical games.

Even though I like using shaddy means to play cheap/free games but tbh, for the First time on N3DS I just want to keep it legit and the way it's supposed to be. Say NO to Piracy, at least on the 3DS. xD

My friend has a special game cartridge which allows him to get any 3DS game for free. It's already out there guys, we just have to hope it doesn't become a huge issue. :/

My friend has a special game cartridge which allows him to get any 3DS game for free. It's already out there guys, we just have to hope it doesn't become a huge issue. :/

Well, yeah, those are private cartridges...
My uncle had a friend who already pirated the PS3 with online support and all, when the hackers only offered the 3.55 CWF with no internet allowed.

If this is real (it looks real), I hope that he does not publish the information on the Internet.

I doubt that this will go to something as far as Homebrew... I mean with all the new system updates and how they are trying to put interesting content in the updates... They dragged me away from my R43DS card.

Here it goes again... the flash carts come back. And I guess that the cheats will be also in them in no time.

--> But, thinking of the flash carts, it is negative, since it makes games sales drops, but finally, it will increase the number of people buying the console. So, it's a double-edged thing.

Here it goes again... the flash carts come back. And I guess that the cheats will be also in them in no time.

--> But, thinking of the flash carts, it is negative, since it makes games sales drops, but finally, it will increase the number of people buying the console. So, it's a double-edged thing.

Yes true but it helps with sales too... I played Animal Crossing: Wild World on my R4 3DS card and it influenced me to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf on 3DS

Yep, but people buying the flashcart will increase, too. One point for Ninty (console), one point for cart dev, zero point for game dev OTZ.
But I see a trend that people hack more localized games (that means NA and EU region) than Japanese games. Well, because, even the cart lets us to play any region game, most of us are not blessed with Japanese reading skill (including me) :D

If I was going to buy a flash cart, that would be mainly for JP Games, due to region lock.
Otherwise, I would normally buy the PAL games, sure, for helping Nintendo to become as what they were before. The most famous gaming company.

Well, this was bound to happen eventually :p I guess we may be able to see Homebrew happen with the 3DS at some point (I bet people will be happy at finally being able to play GBA games lol)

Back