AC:NH Up to 8 players can play together in Animal Crossing: New Horizons

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Full details:
*Up to 8 players with registered accounts on a Nintendo Switch console can live on one shared island, and up to four residents of one island can play simultaneously on one console. Please note: only one island can exist per Nintendo Switch console, irrespective of the number of user accounts registered to or copies of the game used on one console. One Nintendo Switch and one copy of the game is required for each unique island. Alternatively, up to eight people can play together on one island via local wireless or online play. Local wireless play requires one console and one copy of the software per player. Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.
This is good for a family of Animal Crossing fans. Not sure how willing they'll want to share the same island tho. 8 player multiplayer is a major upgrade to the 3DS' New Leaf. I'm sure there's going to be some lag here and there when playing.

What do you think?

Reactions: TerraKnight and P2.0
Maybe it could open up some interesting events or something on Pedia. Something like a bug/fish catching contest for PC/Bells prize money, or something. I'm sure you have some ideas already :sneaky:

But yeah, it sounds pretty fun, God knows I'm sure we'll all be using it on here.

Reactions: Marc and 28142
I think the switch is powerful enough to prevent too much lag when playing on the same console. But, lag is inevitable with nintendo switch online when playin =g with online friends due to the unimproved online features.

I think the switch is powerful enough to prevent too much lag when playing on the same console. But, lag is inevitable with nintendo switch online when playin =g with online friends due to the unimproved online features.
I was talking about online play.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
The one island thing really bothers me...

Honestly I love it more lively & OMG THEY MUST FOLLOW YOU, Lol I love that ! The humans must stay with me at all times YAY no more running off to hurt or snag my stuffs! I am happy for this feature!

Back