Tutorial Using SDXC cards (64 and 128 GB)

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Remember what Nintendo said? Well, the 3DS supports SDXC cards, something Nintendo never tolds us...

The problem is not every SDXC card is compatible with the 3DS, but I suppose Lexar and Sandisk ones will work.

Anyways, if you don't want to use two memories due lack of space, here is the simple explanation to make the SDXC to work: Format it to FAT32.

That is all...

Anyone want to try?
(Where I live, a 64GB SDXC cost 2 games and the 128 GB one 4 games, or almost a console, so I can't try this. I will use the 32GB x2 way)

Question may you explain what is FAT32.sorry for asking

FAT=File Allocation Table, so basically it's all a matter of how much space you can put in the SD card. Under FAT16, maximum size of a file is 2GB while under FAT32, the maximum size of a file is 8GB. SD cards can be formatted in different ways (different FAT types), so as I understand it, in this case FAT32 is the way to go to easily put a lot of things on an SD card with a lot of available space

Just format your SD card and check the button that says Fat 32 and you'll get yourself a clean Fat 32 SD card that can be used on your 3DS. You don't wanna know what Fat/NTFS/whatever is, just format it in your preferred partition type.

Just format your SD card and check the button that says Fat 32 and you'll get yourself a clean Fat 32 SD card that can be used on your 3DS. You don't wanna know what Fat/NTFS/whatever is, just format it in your preferred partition type.
ok thanks dilawer,naagza explaination is confusing

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx and ShinyLatios
Yeah, I heard about this when I was upgrading from my 16GB SD card a few months back, but I could only afford a 32GB. I'm going to need one soon, though. I wonder if I'll ever run out of space on a 128GB...hm.

Reactions: Heart
I upgraded from a 2GB to an 8GB but I have to say I am pretty happy with my 8GB SD Card (Lexar) I do not think I will change for a while but if I do I am going to upgrade to 32GB not 64 or 128GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back