RMT / Team Help UU team help

• Thread starter OzyK
  • Start date
OzyK

OzyK

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Hi there! So... Not long time ago I tried go to showdown and built a team for UU usage. Here is it:

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Protect

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

At first I had put protect on sharpedo for the speed boost, but I found out Aqua jet to be more useful.

So, could you guys give me some advices? (I'm not in the competitive stuff for a long time so deal with my idiotic stuff :p )

Sludge Bomb has a 30% chance of poisoning, which is really good. I personally think Toxic is kinda unnecessary since you are running Sludge Bomb. Perhaps toxic spikes is better or run focus blast to counter Pokemon like Empoleon.

For Sharpedo, the best set is: Adamant + Aqua Jet, Crunch, Ice Fang, Destiny Bond
For Forretress, I advise you to use Explosion instead of Volt Switch, well basically because, once you set up the hazzards, you don't have a need for it anymore, so why save it? Gyro Ball all you can and at the end, just Explode!
For Dragalge, breed a new one and replace the last two slots with Toxic Spikes (for any switch-ins) and Acid Armor (for an +2 in defence).
For Mienshao, if you don't mind reducing the damage it deals a bit, switch to Wide Lens to make Hi Jump Kick have a 99% accuracy (and avoid recoil) and Stone Edge 88% (to make sure you don't leave yourself open to any flying types).
Everything else seems pretty ok, but just know that the Trick + Choice Scarf on Rotom is really easy to predict.

Thank you very much. I'll try the things you suggested... But for rotom? What could I put instead of the trick build?

For sharpedo, i reccomend u do run protect instead of aqua jet. Running priority moves wastes its speed boost ability. U should put heavy hitting physical moves, which is what u did, just not with the aqua jet. If u can play it right, u can get a speed boost on ur mega sharpedo and hit hard with its tough claws. For chandelure, i reccommend u put choice scarf then life orb. With its base speed, it aint really outspeeding many mons and doesnt really get access to priority. I would put fire blast instead of flamethrower just so chandelure has a heavy hitting move. For fortress, i'd put spikes just to get in a little more hazards. Having both gyro ball and volt switch is totally up to u, but i'd prefer only one because fortress should be focused to be a spinner and set up hazards. The other mons im not to familiar with so thts all i can say. This is only opinion tho so u dont need to follow it.

Reactions: OzyK and Marc
Ok first of all, Sharpedo

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

THIS is the best set for Sharpedo, Protect before mega evolving, so you get a free boost in speed, then Mega Evolve
Aqua jet doesn't make sense in a UU Sharpedo, neither Destiny Bond

In Chandelure:

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind / Substitute

I would preffer to use Choice Scarf Chandelure, but then you would have too many Choiced Mons, so better use that set
Fire Blast is more power, but 30% chance of missing, so kepp it in mind

And Infiltrator is waaaaaaay mor helpfull than Flash Fire, sure, you get fire boost when you get hit by a Fire move, but Infiltrator helps a lot in the offensive side, since ignores substitue, and Light Screen

I can't continue right now since I'm in School, so I will continue once I get home

edit: Ok, next is Forretress

There is NO need for explosion here, your set is fine

Remember that the opponent can get rid of them with Rapid Spin or Defog, and Forretress is your only spinner, so not commiting suicide is Ok XD

Ok Dragalge... that is a weird set

First, Sludge Wave does more damage than Sludge Bomb, and the +20% to poison is not that great

You can go with this set

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

is almost the same, so you don't have to re-breed

Mienshao

Change the nature to adamant, and the item to choice scarf, taddaaaa!!!

And finally, Rotom Mow

Is not the best option for UU, if im being honest with you

If you want a grass type, use Shaymin or Roserade in his place

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Roserade @ Life Orb