Villager Never Leaves Island Glitch (AC: New Horizons)

• Thread starter Trazzers
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trazzers

Trazzers

Animal Crosser
Towns Folk
STORY TIME!
So all of this is based off my experience. I've searched online and it seems like other people have had similar experiences (which I will get into some near the end of the thread) as well, but I wanna share how I went through it first. Take note that these events happened chronologically.
(And for those TL;DR people out there, just read the bolded text :D )

Day 1: One of my villagers has a thought bubble on her head. Thought it would be just her wanting to give me a hat or another sweater, but apparently she was asking to move out! She was one of my first villagers, so I thought it was about time to let her go so I said yes to her request.

Day 2: The day begins and Isabelle announces two things: a villager was leaving the next day (the one I talked to yesterday of course), and a visitor was at my campsite. Now, this campsite visitor was someone that I wanted to keep, so I asked the visitor to stay on my island and she chose someone randomly to kick out. The villager she chose was different from the one already leaving, so in effect I had two villagers in boxes (packing up their things) on the same day.

Now, still on day 2 (and this is an important detail!) I had someone come over and talk to the villager the camp visitor picked out so that they could have them on their island instead. Thought it was a great deal since she was a friend and I could come over and visit my old villager any time.

Day 3: This is where it starts to get messy. So the villager the camp visitor picked has moved out and the plot of land is free. However, the villager who asked to leave was still there, despite her being in boxes the previous day. I originally thought that the game only allows one villager to move out at a time, which is why I didn't mind it much and just thought that the next day she would be gone.

Day 4: Isabelle still announces the same thing: the original villager who asked to move out is still on my island and packing to leave. By this time, the campsite visitor is now moving into the plot of land that was freed up from the villager she chose.

Day 5: (The day of writing this actually...) No progress whatsoever. Original villager is still packing to leave. Now she is stuck in this limbo of having to sweep floors of an almost empty room just full of boxes and having the whole town know about it everyday through the morning announcements

That's when I decided to search about it and read up to see if other people experienced it as well...and quite a number actually have! I don't time travel, so I can't say for sure..but one other player time travelled days forward and reported that there was no change at all: the villager was always in boxes, and Isabelle was always announcing the villager's departure the next day. It's almost like the villager is stuck in that mode of being in boxes and never gets the prompt/command for her to actually leave the next day. Currently the only known fix for this (according to the people of the internet) is inviting another visitor to your campsite via Amiibo card. Still have to test it out on my island though... I'll be sure to update this thread once I get results! But let this serve as a warning: don't invite a campsite visitor to stay on your island while someone is already in boxes! We're not completely sure yet as to what actually triggers the glitch... (some have theorized that it's actually caused by having someone adopt one of the in boxes villagers) but I think it's better to be safe than sorry! :)

Reactions: Deepak and Marc
STORY TIME!
So all of this is based off my experience. I've searched online and it seems like other people have had similar experiences (which I will get into some near the end of the thread) as well, but I wanna share how I went through it first. Take note that these events happened chronologically.
(And for those TL;DR people out there, just read the bolded text :D )

Day 1: One of my villagers has a thought bubble on her head. Thought it would be just her wanting to give me a hat or another sweater, but apparently she was asking to move out! She was one of my first villagers, so I thought it was about time to let her go so I said yes to her request.

Day 2: The day begins and Isabelle announces two things: a villager was leaving the next day (the one I talked to yesterday of course), and a visitor was at my campsite. Now, this campsite visitor was someone that I wanted to keep, so I asked the visitor to stay on my island and she chose someone randomly to kick out. The villager she chose was different from the one already leaving, so in effect I had two villagers in boxes (packing up their things) on the same day.

Now, still on day 2 (and this is an important detail!) I had someone come over and talk to the villager the camp visitor picked out so that they could have them on their island instead. Thought it was a great deal since she was a friend and I could come over and visit my old villager any time.

Day 3: This is where it starts to get messy. So the villager the camp visitor picked has moved out and the plot of land is free. However, the villager who asked to leave was still there, despite her being in boxes the previous day. I originally thought that the game only allows one villager to move out at a time, which is why I didn't mind it much and just thought that the next day she would be gone.

Day 4: Isabelle still announces the same thing: the original villager who asked to move out is still on my island and packing to leave. By this time, the campsite visitor is now moving into the plot of land that was freed up from the villager she chose.

Day 5: (The day of writing this actually...) No progress whatsoever. Original villager is still packing to leave. Now she is stuck in this limbo of having to sweep floors of an almost empty room just full of boxes and having the whole town know about it everyday through the morning announcements

That's when I decided to search about it and read up to see if other people experienced it as well...and quite a number actually have! I don't time travel, so I can't say for sure..but one other player time travelled days forward and reported that there was no change at all: the villager was always in boxes, and Isabelle was always announcing the villager's departure the next day. It's almost like the villager is stuck in that mode of being in boxes and never gets the prompt/command for her to actually leave the next day. Currently the only known fix for this (according to the people of the internet) is inviting another visitor to your campsite via Amiibo card. Still have to test it out on my island though... I'll be sure to update this thread once I get results! But let this serve as a warning: don't invite a campsite visitor to stay on your island while someone is already in boxes! We're not completely sure yet as to what actually triggers the glitch... (some have theorized that it's actually caused by having someone adopt one of the in boxes villagers) but I think it's better to be safe than sorry! :)
Contact nintendo. It’ll get patched soon along with the duplication glitch

Contact nintendo. It’ll get patched soon along with the duplication glitch
yup! just emailed them right now.
i honestly pity the villager being forced into a void of sweeping the floor for all eternity

yup! just emailed them right now.
i honestly pity the villager being forced into a void of sweeping the floor for all eternity
Its better to chat or call them cuz its faster

Its better to chat or call them cuz its faster

woah where can I chat them? :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak
UPDATE

Day 7: Finally got the Amiibo campsite visitor to ask to move in! Selected the villager in boxes and it seems they cam to an agreement...will update again tomorrow to see if said villager finally leaves!! :D

Reactions: Deepak
FINAL UPDATE
Day 9: Villager is finally out!! :D Needless to say, this is a very time consuming glitch to fix, so try to avoid it at all costs!

@Mods, you can close this thread now! Hope it will help somebody out in the future :)

Reactions: Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back