Virgin airlines launches glass-bottomed plane

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Virgin.com says:
Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_plane_A320_cabin-17684.jpg

Im thrilled to announce that Virgin has created another world-first with the introduction of the technology required to produce the worlds first glass-bottomed plane. This technological innovation coincides with the start of Virgin Atlantic Airways first ever domestic service to Scotland.

In 1984 we started the wonderful airline that is Virgin Atlantic. I am incredibly proud of yet another aviation breakthrough which has been years in the making. I cant wait to experience the first flight for myself with my family and other natural born explorers.

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_plane_A320_exterior-17683-530x330.jpg

2012 was a year of celebrating what is brilliant about Great Britain and Im excited that in 2013 we are continuing this uplifting spirit by developing an experience that will enable Little Red passengers to appreciate the beauty of the British landscape. And with an unrivalled view of Scotland I hope this gives Scottish tourism an even bigger boost.

Virgin_Atlantic_Little_Red_Glass-bottom_plane_A320_CAD-17682-530x330.jpg

We hope to trial the glass bottom technology with other Virgin airlines in time and have asked other Virgin companies to support this innovative trial and launch our new domestic Scottish route. This really is a team effort from all corners of Virgin.
What do you guys think? Would you like to fly in a glass-bottomed plane? Personally, I would love to. i love heights and the view would be exhilarating.

Reactions: Mikaya
wow, that sounds so amazing! the view would be a nice sight for sure! <3

New tech is awesome. Good going, Virgin airlines! ;)

I would love to go on one, but I would be scared of walking on the glass at first, probably. >.>

Reactions: Marc
This is the sickest thing in existence.

No it isn't. It's the second sickest thing in existence. The sickest thing in existence is that the ice cubes are modelled on Richard Branson's face on Virgin Airlines.

Can you imagine the number of old people throwing up and clutching on for dear life? It would ruin the whole flight. I hate flying anyway, you can't even sleep on a plane and I haven't even mentioned the possible thromboemolism.

But good luck to whoever likes it. :cat:

wow, that sounds so amazing! the view would be a nice sight for sure! <3

New tech is awesome. Good going, Virgin airlines! ;)
Yes, the view would be obviously amazing :p
I would love to go on one, but I would be scared of walking on the glass at first, probably. >.>
Why would you? :confused: I would be lying on the floor enjoying the full view :D
This is the sickest thing in existence.

No it isn't. It's the second sickest thing in existence. The sickest thing in existence is that the ice cubes are modelled on Richard Branson's face on Virgin Airlines.

Can you imagine the number of old people throwing up and clutching on for dear life? It would ruin the whole flight. I hate flying anyway, you can't even sleep on a plane and I haven't even mentioned the possible thromboemolism.

But good luck to whoever likes it. :cat:
Well, there should be a special cabin for those people. I can sleep in a plane, but I don't because i'm usually watching a movie or playing a game xD

well.. it sound like a mix of interesting and chaos there. haha
not everyone is fond of height, most people dont actually :rolleyes:

well.. it sound like a mix of interesting and chaos there. haha
not everyone is fond of height, most people dont actually :rolleyes:
Well, then they better keep their eyes closed :p

but I would be scared of walking on the glass at first
^ This. I'd love to experience it as long as they can guarantee that it's safe.

^ This. I'd love to experience it as long as they can guarantee that it's safe.
Of .course it's safe. A plane would not be built without a glass bottom if the materials/end product did not meet the required standards. And besides, the glass is going to be a very thick glass, so why be afraid? :D

Reactions: Marc
Awesome. Sounds to me like it'll be no different from having a window you can walk on. :woot:

Awesome. Sounds to me like it'll be no different from having a window you can walk on. :woot:
Finally. Someone who isn't afraid of heights :p
And yes, I have been on the 189th floor of a building that has floors made of clear glass. A very exhilarating experience.

Pfft at people getting impressed by, this. I read in Reader's Digest a few years ago about a hotel bathroom that had a glass floor over an empty terrifyingly long elevator shaft. How cool is that? :p

Richard Branson's a genius though.

Reactions: Eevee, TheYESDragon and 532
I hate heights, so I would probably never go in one. Nice concept though, especially for people who aren't afraid of that.

Reactions: 532
I'd have panic attacks cause I have an irrational case of aerophobia :vomit:

That looks amazing! Only problem is, I'd spend the entire flight just looking down. :p I love to just watch and view things like that.

That looks amazing! Only problem is, I'd spend the entire flight just looking down. :p I love to just watch and view things like that.
Lmao same here. The view is an amazing thing, and if there is no entertainment facility in flight, You can spend your time looking down. Only problem, is when the food cart arrives. :p

I currently doesn't use virgin airline i prefer Delta,American airline and Air France they are not bad at all and they are pretty comfortable they give food and sometimes gift and not to forget free headphones for everyone.

I currently doesn't use virgin airline i prefer Delta,American airline and Air France they are not bad at all and they are pretty comfortable they give food and sometimes gift and not to forget free headphones for everyone.
This is not about the airline. This is about the introduction of glass on the bottom of planes, which was never though as possible before this was revealed.

Back