PS Vita love

• Thread starter weaselpipe
  • Start date
weaselpipe

weaselpipe

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Anybody here got a Vita? I was wary of it at first, being a long term Nintendo.... fanboy maybe, apologist definitely.... but I won a limited Mario 3DS from Club Nintendo in 2012 and when I went to trade my old one in Game were having a sale in which they added £50 to the value of any console traded in, which gave me exactly enough for a second hand vita, memory card and Uncharted.

It's a lovely console, and the amount of Indie games and weird Japanese imports makes it well worth it for me. What are your favourite Vita games? Do people still argue over which is best between it and the 3DS? Do you think it's a bit cheeky of Sony to do so much cross save/ controller so it can be used in the same way as a Wii U?

Anybody here got a Vita? I was wary of it at first, being a long term Nintendo.... fanboy maybe, apologist definitely.... but I won a limited Mario 3DS from Club Nintendo in 2012 and when I went to trade my old one in Game were having a sale in which they added £50 to the value of any console traded in, which gave me exactly enough for a second hand vita, memory card and Uncharted.

It's a lovely console, and the amount of Indie games and weird Japanese imports makes it well worth it for me. What are your favourite Vita games? Do people still argue over which is best between it and the 3DS? Do you think it's a bit cheeky of Sony to do so much cross save/ controller so it can be used in the same way as a Wii U?

Without criticizing the fact that you have a Vita, you sold your Chotto Mario 3DS for it ? o_O
Are you aware that it's a really rare model, and that it's a super expensive one (300+ € to get one on the Internet !) ?

As for me, I can't argue, I don't have a Vita, nor I plan to get one. The 3DS has all the games I need for an handheld, so I'm satisfied. And in Europe, nobody ever talks about the Vita vs. 3DS debate, because the Vita almost has no games here. And the few ones that makes it here aren't even translated in French !

Reactions: Mikaya
Without criticizing the fact that you have a Vita, you sold your Chotto Mario 3DS for it ? o_O
Are you aware that it's a really rare model, and that it's a super expensive one (300+ € to get one on the Internet !) ?
I kept that one and swapped my battered old Aqua blue!
The Vita vs 3DS debate died out here in the UK but despite a low amount of retail games the Vita has a sizable collection of digital content

I kept that one and swapped my battered old Aqua blue!
The Vita vs 3DS debate died out here in the UK but despite a low amount of retail games the Vita has a sizable collection of digital content

You have me relieved on this.
And yes, though I've heard it has a nice support (digital), it doesn't have a lot of physical games (or the problem, as I said, is that nobody translates them, meaning that they release them in English in a non-English speaking country [< and since there are still people in France that doesn't manage to speak English properly, you get the problem]).
Also, since a lot of people in France still prefer the physical games for now, I guess this is also what led to its fail there.

The lack of physical media seems to be universally offputting, especially with the ludicrously overpriced memory cards. I pretty much lucked out with mine, and have more than made the most of it!

I don't have a Vita, but I've played it in a GAME store, just before it's release. It's pretty cool that it has a two-way touch screen. The graphics are really good as well. The library of games is decent. I wouldn't personally buy it (not a huge Sony fan, tbh). :p

The 3DS is obviously better, in many ways, no contest. xD

I don't have a Vita, but I've played it in a GAME store, just before it's release. It's pretty cool that it has a two-way touch screen. The graphics are really good as well. The library of games is decent. I wouldn't personally buy it (not a huge Sony fan, tbh). :p

The 3DS is obviously better, in many ways, no contest. xD
Though this is a 3DS forum, I now place them as equals. Nintendo has its franchises but it also has region locking and still no EU Rune Factory 4! The Vita has a large amount of lovely Japanese games trickling over that keep me going between 3DS releases

Reactions: Mikaya
I really don't like the Vita, because of its thumbstick. I just don't like the feeling at all (have the same issue with my PSP Go). I really prefer how the 3DS feels in my hands, and so far I've been more interested in 3Ds releases as well, except for Tearaway, I almost got a Vita for it XD

Reactions: weaselpipe
I really don't like the Vita, because of its thumbstick. I just don't like the feeling at all (have the same issue with my PSP Go). I really prefer how the 3DS feels in my hands, and so far I've been more interested in 3Ds releases as well, except for Tearaway, I almost got a Vita for it XD

Tearaway and Guacamelee are both like Nintendo games that have found the wrong door on the way home. Tearaway is genuinely lovely, and if you can play it I would place it above littlebigplanet in the loveliness stakes.

Guacamelee is phenomenal. A wrestling platformer in which a Luchador uses wrestling moves taught to him by a goat to traverse the world of the undead and rescue a princess, but the world is peppered with lovely little nods and references to the games that inspired it- mainly Adventure of Link and NES Mario games (at one point you have to find a man called Error, he is near a poster advertising a luchador show starring two brothers in plumbing overalls)

Back