Breath of the Wild Voice acting in Zelda U?

• Thread starter GerudoWarrior
  • Start date
GerudoWarrior

GerudoWarrior

Great King of Evil
Towns Folk
Do you think that the next Zelda game for the wii u should feature voice acting? Personally, I think that it would be awesome, but at the same time im afraid that they could ruin the game. The best that could happen is that the game could be better. But the worst thing that could happen is that it could ruin the game. We dont want another CDI!

I think they should just keep voice acting out of Zelda games, I think the Zelda games are perfect the way they are. Link should never have a voice, and if they add voices to the other characters other than Link, it would just be weird to play.

Reactions: frogczar, Madman13579 and Mikaya
Please God, no! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Could you imagine Zelda games of the future with a cheesy American dub, complete with over-exaggerated voice acting? I can imagine Link now saying "ZEL-DAH!" in some cali, surfer-guy voice *shudders*

Even if the voice acting is decent, random changes happen and voice actors are replaced. Just as you get used to the voices, there could be a change (like in the sonic games) that your ears simply refuse to adjust to.

Anyway, I like the mystery that surrounds not having voice actors. My imagination>North American dubs.

Reactions: frogczar
I think is good for Npc but not for Link.

Nononononononononono. No. See, The Legend of Zelda games are not voice acted for a reason. Shigeru Miyamoto and his coworkers wanted Link to be a "link", so to say, between the player and the game. The player was meant to use Link as his or her "avatar" within Hyrule (Or Skyloft, Labrynna, Termina, etc.), and experience the game as best they could. Link was meant to look both feminine AND masculine for this purpose, which is most likely why his tunic is oft mistaken for a dress. Plus, The Legend of Zelda is also the first game in which you could have chosen your name.
Now, how does this all tie in with voice acting? Well, Link, as I said, is like an avatar, and as such, he says whatever we wish. Why would Nintendo make Link, a silent, strong protagonist, suddenly have a bunch of lines? We should ALL know what happened with the forever cursed Zelda CD games.
In short, Zelda is amazing without Voicing. Why risk the chance of screwing it up?

Back